Big Rock What should I upgrade on my Arrma Big Rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisDown1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hi all, picked up a Big Rock today to add to a Granite and an Outcast. Arrma trucks are superb but gonna stop on the buying and start on the upgrading.
Having said that I have no clue about what are essential upgrades and where to but me here in the UK. Anybody got any advice? Thanks in advance.
Chris.
Hi all, picked up a Big Rock today to add to a Granite and an Outcast. Arrma trucks are superb but gonna stop on the buying and start on the upgrading.
Having said that I have no clue about what are essential upgrades and where to but me here in the UK. Anybody got any advice? Thanks in advance.
Chris.
Ps *Buy em*

What I have done to mine is and why;
  • Hot Racing +10mm offset hex extensions and 17mm adapter. The BRCC has a tendency to traction roll when turning.
  • Proline badlands whees and tires. I did blow my dboots apart. The badlands also help with the width problem and give it some more rotational mass for sweet flips bro!
  • Better body clips as I hate the stock ones with a passion. My feeble fingers are too sore....
  • Sealed bearing kit from Plaig bearings in Australia. Fast eddy are good too but hard to get in Australia. This was because when opening the motor case I was shocked at how rusted the stock bearings were and I didn’t go crazy in mud or water.
  • A 13T pinion mainly just for mucking around with and to keep the motor temps down.
  • Hot Racing Aluminium motor mount. This was just a personal thing as I wanted to mick around with the mesh and Pinion options.
These are by no means essential upgrades but to get some better enjoyment out of it. I do think the wheels and extensions have changed the truck completely and make it much more fun to drive. You can achieve the same with a typhon arm swap as well.

My servo has been alright but will be next on the list probably.

Enjoy, its a great truck stock made better with some upgrades in my opinion...

3S is what you want. You can use the ends you already have. You just need the Typhon 3S turnbuckles (6 x 4x48mm)
Perfect thanks, that's what I got!
3S is what you want. You can use the ends you already have. You just need the Typhon 3S turnbuckles (6 x 4x48mm)
Will it work same, with hot racing 10mm hub extenders and typhon arms?

Last edited:
What I have done to mine is and why;
  • Hot Racing +10mm offset hex extensions and 17mm adapter. The BRCC has a tendency to traction roll when turning.
  • Proline badlands whees and tires. I did blow my dboots apart. The badlands also help with the width problem and give it some more rotational mass for sweet flips bro!
  • Better body clips as I hate the stock ones with a passion. My feeble fingers are too sore....
  • Sealed bearing kit from Plaig bearings in Australia. Fast eddy are good too but hard to get in Australia. This was because when opening the motor case I was shocked at how rusted the stock bearings were and I didn’t go crazy in mud or water.
  • A 13T pinion mainly just for mucking around with and to keep the motor temps down.
  • Hot Racing Aluminium motor mount. This was just a personal thing as I wanted to mick around with the mesh and Pinion options.
These are by no means essential upgrades but to get some better enjoyment out of it. I do think the wheels and extensions have changed the truck completely and make it much more fun to drive. You can achieve the same with a typhon arm swap as well.

My servo has been alright but will be next on the list probably.

Enjoy, its a great truck stock made better with some upgrades in my opinion...
are the proline badlands wheels and tires 17mm?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back