What should I waste my money on šŸ¤£šŸ¤”

What should I buy 1x Traxxas or 2x Arrma's ???

• Traxxas XRT

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • TLR Typhon + Fireteam

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Oh what a dilemma too be in :ROFLMAO:
The Typhon TLR would be used for a future project and the Fireteam would just undergo some minor upgrades, the XRT would be my main 8s basher....
They would cost me about the same amount 1x vs 2x
Come on guys 'n girls help me spend that hard earned salary from 2022..!!

For me it's a no brainer but it's you buying not me. I try to stick to one brand in that class of RC so parts are interchangeable. Do you already own some traxxas rc?

Also 2 Arrmas for the price of 1 Traxxas šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:
As I do own some Traxxas , namely an Xmaxx which I do like a lot , to me the Xmaxx and XRT should not be a $1k dollar RC . The ESC will be your first failure thereā€™s another $150 for new ESC ( max6) maybe .
TLR Typhon is a great RC for the money , can be easily changed into a Senton 6s !!! šŸ˜
If the FT can still be had for the $399 , no brainer !

Yeah a FT ONLY if you get a good price. Otherwise I would pass on the FT. At retail price is simply not worth it. No value there IMHO. Radio is crap. HB is useless. QC wasn't all that for me out the box. For $400. it was worth a try for me.
Love my TLRT Roller. Some of them are still floating around. AMZ has them. The RTR TLRT seems to have replaced the roller variant.
I thought the Trx XRT has some serious issues, that need to be addressed still. But probaby still way better than any 1/5 8s Arrma. I could be wrong.
I would look into this more. Especially at it's price point.

I enjoy my XMAXX it's a beast. I'd strongly recommend that over the minimum effort maximum price tag of the XRT. The xmaxx has flagship vibes and the xrt has cop out vibes, IMO.

Not gonna answer the poll tho cause I'd get all three.

I would buy the XRT, and I say that as someone who owns every single current Arrma 6s and 8s rig. If you like the big rigs at all then the XRT is the winner hands down imo. I'd sell the electronics from the XRT, and you should make at least enough to replace with something else if you want to. A lot of people are happy with stock motor and a max 6.

I expect my answer to be in the minority around here, but I literally own everything arrma currently sells and my XRT has been more durable than every arrma basher I own, and it gets bashed harder. Even more durable than my kraton 6s exb.

Last edited:
I will agree that the Xmaxx and XRT are stronger for bashing vs. the Arrma 8s line . Break the chassis on an Xmaxx ā€¦ā€¦ $20 !!! LOL , upgrade Arrma 8s chassis to M2C ā€¦.$$$$$
I just had to buy an m2c chassis for my o8s and it was painful. Then I realized I also bent the motor mount a little too late so now I'm sitting here with a half built o8s sitting on a new m2c chassis waiting on usps to bring me a m2c motor mount :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I enjoy my XMAXX it's a beast. I'd strongly recommend that over the minimum effort maximum price tag of the XRT. The xmaxx has flagship vibes and the xrt has cop out vibes, IMO.

That's funny right there!! I do agree, the Xmaxx has more versatility in it than the xrt I think. No, the Xmaxx will never get as low cg as xrt, but that's about the only true difference..then there's the bellcrank issues..curable once a fix is released but at a $1000 entry fee, shouldn't be a problem I don't feel..
The TLR Typhon was cool as a roller, add rtr and I'd pass at retail price, same goes for the FT. Both good, neither is really great tho..
My vote is cast.. Xmaxx for the win!!šŸ˜šŸ‘ŒšŸ»

That's funny right there!! I do agree, the Xmaxx has more versatility in it than the xrt I think. No, the Xmaxx will never get as low cg as xrt, but that's about the only true difference..then there's the bellcrank issues..curable once a fix is released but at a $1000 entry fee, shouldn't be a problem I don't feel..
The TLR Typhon was cool as a roller, add rtr and I'd pass at retail price, same goes for the FT. Both good, neither is really great tho..
My vote is cast.. Xmaxx for the win!!šŸ˜šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
To me this is the equivalent to saying the outcast is more versatile than the kraton. That sounds bonkers to me šŸ¤£

Man the way the Xmaxx body flies off every 10 seconds says a lot but flagship not one of them! šŸ¤£

Man the way the Xmaxx body flies off every 10 seconds says a lot but flagship not one of them! šŸ¤£
Only a problem to those who can't land it really. Mine comes off, but it's not a routine thing. I'd take traditional posts and pins over either of the TRX setups personally. Give it time, that xrt body will be flyin in the wind. I feel the same about the battery trays, give me straps or give me death..but never a latching battery tray!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ»

My vote is XRT. I wasn't massively impressed with my X Maxx (love it now it has a max5/1100kv) but the XRT just looks like what I wanted the X Max to be.

Only a problem to those who can't land it really. Mine comes off, but it's not a routine thing. I'd take traditional posts and pins over either of the TRX setups personally. Give it time, that xrt body will be flyin in the wind. I feel the same about the battery trays, give me straps or give me death..but never a latching battery tray!!šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ»

Mine has popped off many times on perfect landings from a good enough height. Does my head in

Back