Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

What size are the Big Rock Shock shafts & thickness?

Discussion in 'Nero, Big Rock & Fazon' started by Tblazin, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Tblazin

Tblazin Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock, Talion
    What size are the Big Rock Shock shafts & thickness? Length would be nice, but I can handle that, also what piston/oil is stock, its way to stiff to keep wheels planted this way....also theres those Orange springs that French dude put on his big rock, and I saw they worked real well, just cant get a part number, he doesn't respond, want us to watch his videos, and he sits back and collects $$ while we work for a living, would be nice he answered that one simple question... there Team Magic, that I know...this is what I found, but not certain yet, also really wanna find out shock shaft thickness, I CAN BRING ALOT TO THE TABLE W/MY PISTON KNOWLEDGE if I knew what size....im just finishing diffs tonight, I like to order ahead, when immune here, my shock parts would arrive, IN A PERFECT world, thanks in advance

im assuming these are the stock springs..
    https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?I=LXGCLR&P=8

these are the team magic I found...
    http://www.teammagicrc.com/articles.php?id_article=1000023622

2. chevyrumble

chevyrumble Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock
    Take a look at the online exploded view (https://www.arrma-rc.com/interactive-exploded-view/AR106017) most of what you are looking for on the stock specs is there.

Big Rock Stock Shats are Arrma Part #AR330425 2 x 4 x 63mm shock shafts per pack
    Big Rock Stock Springs are Arrma Part #AR330347 2 x 65mm 420gf/mm Shock Springs per pack
    Optional HD Springs are Arrma Part #AR330417 2 x 75mm 317gf/mm Shock Springs per pack

As for the other stock parts, take a look at Arrma Part #AR330339 Shock Piston Set (sizes and specs are all listed there). The stock oil is the one thing that is not listed on the exploded view and I have never found any other documentation on what Arrma used. If you know that much about shocks, just use your knowledge and go with what you think it needs.

I don't know that I have ever seen orange Nero or Big Rock springs, but Hot Racing does have Gold, Red, Blue, & White springs all different lengths and compression ratios. I hope they are only having some technical difficulties tonight, but at the time I am writing this post (2/12/18 10:40pm) the Hot Racing website is down. Other wise I would have included part numbers for their springs also. If the site doesn't come back up then ebay would probably be your next best option for finding them.

3. Tblazin

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock, Talion
    Man Arrma info all over the place!
    etc yet I count 8 holes ;link u sent says pair of 6 hole 1,2/1:3 etc! But there pic are all 8 hole ,
    I’m getting into them tomorrow
    A lil suspension tip when I pulled hinge pins a arms stuck up in air
    Every pillow ball retainer needed a hair backed off
    That’s HUGE to a handling of a rc,
    Also researched showed two different shaft sizes?
    Anyhow thanks the springs are the I thought orange Team Magic he said
    I linked there orange springs up top,we’ll see I’ll report back I’m taking crazy amounts of notes to contribute
    As I know have a bare chassis and all shocks ready to be setup proper
    Thankyou

4. Tblazin

Arrma RC's:
    BigRock, Talion
    Yea springs mentioned were def Team Magic he even turns around in video points to truck he got idea from

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer