Kraton What size battery do you run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepnut

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I currently run a 6000mah 6s. It fits fairly snug in the battery tray. I’ve thought about getting a 4000mah or so battery for shorter runs and to save money on a second battery, but I see the instructions recommend a minimum of 5000mah. Has anyone gone below 5000? What’s your experience?

MAH * C rating equals true output, so having a larger pack means less voltage drop. Bigger packs have more punch. That said, there is a spot of diminishing returns. The added weight will offset some of that added power. I stay around 5000 to 6000 mah packs. Much larger in a 6S truck and it’s gonna weigh a lot.

If you are running tall gears and need to let your car cool off anyway mid pack go with a smaller pack. The ovonic 4500mah 50c packs are nice. Sometimes they go on sale for 2@100$. Also like the Hobbystar hard cases, I think they are 4800mah. Lots of decent batteries out there, guys seem to like the ones from chinahobby but I don’t own any.
These are in stock and two for 95$. You will need to change out the deans plug...
https://www.ampow.com/ovonic-50c-4500mah-6s1p-deans-2pcs-lipo-battery.html

Mah is just runtime. The c rating I’d more important. A small pack would be good for light weight speed running
To me run time is an important number. I find racing around longer at 40mph for 20 minutes far more fun than going 60+ mph for 10 minutes. I've been running 6s 5200 Mh and just bought a 6s 6500Mh. I love the extra run time and haven't noticed any downside. I don't send my truck and it has held up well.

Last edited:
gensacearespammers 4s 6750mah 70c. Used to run @lvc at 3.0 and could charge them to around 7800mh. Last week changed lvc to 3.4 (Cells actually were 3.8) and can now charge them 6700mh?

Just picked up an SMC 6S True Spec Extreme Graphene 5200mAh 120C. Haven't run it yet, it's charging right now. Fits perfectly. I'll let you know how it goes. Before that I was using some Lectron Pro 6S 5200mAh and they were ok. One started leaking, and one puffed pretty hard. Both only a couple months old. Will probably avoid them from now on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back