Senton What size can is the Senton V3 motor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warpedworm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Limitless
  3. Senton 3s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
At our local RC racetrack they have a class for 1/10 4x4 Mod Trucks. One of the rules is that the can can't be 1/8 size.
I'm pretty new at RC racing and don't understand any of the can sizes.
I would like to put a SCT body on the Senton and run in the class, I don't know how competitive I would be, but it would be fun.
Does anyone know what the size the Senton motor would be considered?

Thank you.

So do you know if that would be a 1/10 or 1/8 can size?

Fyi on what the size numbers mean: 3660 = 36mm wide, 60mm long. Also 1/10 scale usually means running 2-3s normally and 1/8 scale sizes are 40xx sized and usually run 4-6s. For reference the smallest brushless 1/10 motors you find out there are 3650 sized.

Senton is 1/10 scale and is comparable to the traxxas slash, a very popular 1/10 sct you see often at tracks.

Thank you for the info.
I think people at the track think the Senton is bigger because of the body being taller and more boxy. That's why I'm going to
put a SC body on it.
My son has a Losi SCT and the Senton wheelbase is almost the same, and the Senton would look the same with the SC body.

Did they actually see it in person? If not maybe they might be thinking it's a Mojave which is bigger 1/8 or the discontinued 6s senton which was 1/10 too but it was a 6s truck as well.

Here is a size comparison of scales for the most part from 1/10 to 1/6 (or 1/5) with a 6s senton, 6s mojave, and the Losi SBR 2.0.
20210212_165514.jpg

Here is the V2 Senton vs the 4x4 VXL Slash, they are pretty much the same and both advertised as 1/10 scale. I believe the slash motor is a 3655 size.
Screenshot_20210212-170057_Chrome.jpg

I've run it on open practice days, and they're fine with that. But everyone talks about it being a large 1/10th.
And when it sits next to a SCT racer like my son's Losi, it looks bigger because of the boxy body. I've put the body
from my son's truck on the chassis and it looks just like all the other racers, size wise and length wise.

WOW!! That Losi 1/6th is HUGE! (I think I want one)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back