Kraton what size diff do i have?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carckton driver

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
i have a 6s kraton v5 and how do i know what diffs (how big) i have. i see stuff for "29mm" diff but i have no idea what diff i have and i cant find out no matter where i look. also while i have your attention what shims do i need for the pinion gear on the front/rear. something that will go behind the bearing seems like the best option but i cant find any links to shims. i assume the shims for the ring gear would be in the parts diagram since the diffs come with one on each end to start with. i know the shim thing has been talked about a bunch but reading through all those threads gets so confusing.

ARRMA Metal Diff Case, ARA220050

ARRMA Metal Diff Case, ARA220050
I think he means what one comes in the V5. That the 31mm.
D6D198C7-E130-47C1-8167-7F44F9DF0331.png

ummm not only didnt that answer my question of what sized diff do i have but when i searched that in google it appears to be a part number for the metal diff case. im really trying not to be an ass but thats as useful as giving me a part number to a hinge pin.

What does your manual say?
That's right. If unsure refer to the manual. Google can be useful but sometimes give you too many answers. I quite often refer back to the manual, paper and pdf.

i have a 6s kraton v5 and how do i know what diffs (how big) i have. i see stuff for "29mm" diff but i have no idea what diff i have and i cant find out no matter where i look. also while i have your attention what shims do i need for the pinion gear on the front/rear. something that will go behind the bearing seems like the best option but i cant find any links to shims. i assume the shims for the ring gear would be in the parts diagram since the diffs come with one on each end to start with. i know the shim thing has been talked about a bunch but reading through all those threads gets so confusing.

BLX and EXB are interchangeable but slightly different.

ARRMA Kraton 6S-Exploded_View_Page_6.jpg

Last edited:
They are not interchangeable. Front and rear rtr v5 diffs are ara310957 exb are completely different. Here’s your shims https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...MIkpKZ-Z3E-gIVj4jICh1vxA9SEAQYAiABEgJ8mfD_BwE

Here’s a complete assembled diff from Jennys rc for 35$. Not a bad deal. I keep an extra around for a quick change if I blow a diff or ccrack a case.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...fferential-front-rear-factory-built-ara8608v5
Rock on!

The Gear boxes are all the same and you can put any dif into any box is what im saying.
Difs come in 3.3 and 4.3 for Buggies and trucks.
The only difference between the EXB and BLX DIFs themselves are OD vs LSD, mix & match - whatever.

I assume the OP is talking about 4.3 BLX OD's - wasn't specified. Doesn't matter. Every single size and dimension for any part can be had from the part numbers and 2 minutes on Google.

Pages from ARRMA Kraton 6S EXB-Exploded_View.jpg

Ratio is the same everything else completely different, gears, cases, parts inside, whatever. If the op has a v5 Kraton rtr and drops in a exb assembled diff in his rtr case it will not work unless he changes the input as well.

Op, best just to get those assembled ones above from Jennys, check the mesh, add those shims above if needed, the exb diffs are not worth the extra aggravation with all the extra things to go wrong and imo not any stronger.

Ratio is the same everything else completely different, gears, cases, parts inside, whatever. If the op has a v5 Kraton rtr and drops in a exb assembled diff in his rtr case it will not work unless he changes the input as well.

Op, best just to get those assembled ones above from Jennys, check the mesh, add those shims above if needed, the exb diffs are not worth the extra aggravation with all the extra things to go wrong and imo not any stronger.
Im sorry, Yes GP4... Part of the same kit is how I think, easy peasy. Jenny is great! Ive given them so much money but they've saved me more. I do the same, keep a few to swap out with - at that price its worth it.

I find it hilarious all he wanted to know was what size his diffs were (31mm) and it went hard left.
My thought exactly I thought this was a fam op is obviously a little green I've been there I'm still learning and alot of it was kinda stressful with the amount of money it takes and coming here for advice has been pivotal for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back