Infraction What size pinion to run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FELONY2800

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey. What size pinion gear should I run with my 34t spool. The current pinion size that's on my motor is a 40t

Hey. What size pinion gear should I run with my 34t spool. The current pinion size that's on my motor is a 40t
Depends on what you’re trying to accomplish! 40/34 is a very fast setup, are you doing speed runs? Stock system will get hot quick with that gearing. If you’re doing normal parking lot bashing I wouldn’t use such a large pinion. Just my 2 cents!🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Depends on what you’re trying to accomplish! 40/34 is a very fast setup, are you doing speed runs? Stock system will get hot quick with that gearing. If you’re doing normal parking lot bashing I wouldn’t use such a large pinion. Just my 2 cents!🤷🏻‍♂️
More so speed runs , I'm running a mamba monster x esc and a TP Power TP4070 2250KV Brushless Motor
Recipe for overheating right there.
Goal?
Bashing?
Speed?
Speed Bashing?
Motor?
Esc?

So many factors to consider for us to recommend a pinion.
Speed runs. And I'm running a mamba monster x esc and a TP Power TP4070 2250KV Brushless Motor

More so speed runs , I'm running a mamba monster x esc and a TP Power TP4070 2250KV Brushless Motor

Speed runs. And I'm running a mamba monster x esc and a TP Power TP4070 2250KV Brushless Motor
With a Castle/TP setup the things going fly!😉 Have you worked you way up to a 40t? That’s approximately 120mph setup!

With a Castle/TP setup the things going fly!😉 Have you worked you way up to a 40t? That’s approximately 120mph setup!
So I actually crashed my last infraction but it was just a stock set up. So on the rebuild I ordered a roller and went fresh. The roller ended up being a felony roller. So I was like why not upgrade. Lol. So that leads me to this moment.

So I actually crashed my last infraction but it was just a stock set up. So on the rebuild I ordered a roller and went fresh. The roller ended up being a felony roller. So I was like why not upgrade. Lol. So that leads me to this moment.
I’d start with smaller pinions and work your way up! 120mph car will get away from you quick! Start at 27t and work your way up 3 teeth atta time. Get the feel for it!

Get great fans for the motor. Throwing so much current through those wires and connectors, she WILL get hot no mater what.
I have have duel set up coming in the mail. I might down grade but I'm excited to see how this will go
I’d start with smaller pinions and work your way up! 120mph car will get away from you quick! Start at 27t and work your way up 3 teeth atta time. Get the feel for it!
Oh I can handle the speed. So that's not a problem. But didn't want to super over heat it. But I'll order one of those as well

40p/34s 2250KV motor on 6S you would be around 170mph, I would gear it down no less tha 6 tooth or you are going to fry your electronics.

Test and take Temps, repeat.
Repeat and repeat again. The variables are too large to pin point a perfect setup.

Weather can affect things as well, status of connectors if there old or worn regarding solid connectivity.

Strong batteries regarding voltage sag, cut out etc. Cap packs

Anything over 100 is fast! Lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back