What software are you guys using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So earlier this year my father helped me buy a 3d printer and now I finally have an idea of what I'm going to print.
I'm a good artist and do decent scetches and renderings of car stuff. So is there a software that let's me create stuff from a remote tablet?
I don't know, I used sketchup about 2 years ago. Then Meshmixer for about 10 minutes, then I tried Fusion 360 for a few hours, now i'm using Solidworks.
So earlier this year my father helped me buy a 3d printer and now I finally have an idea of what I'm going to print.
I'm a good artist and do decent scetches and renderings of car stuff. So is there a software that let's me create stuff from a remote tablet?
It will be pretty hard modeling on a tablet. Use a computer or laptop and a mouse. You will need a good computer if your going to be using Solidworks or anything like that. My boss got a used $3,000 computer, and I still managed to make it crash lol :ROFLMAO:

What's slicing?
The slicer is a program. You load your object, created in 3D modeling software. It creates a program with instructions Using Gcode language for the printer to read and create the part. All the setting pertinent to your machine/object/material are set up in the slicer settings. I’ve dumb’d it down allot but trust me it’s a deep rabbit hole to jump into.

Well I need to get into 3D printing somewhere....let me start with some tutorial videos so I can get an understanding the terms and the process before I buy anything :)

I use Chitubox for my resin printers. As for my fdm stuff I use Ultimaker 4.9, PrusaSlicer, Meshlab, FreeCAD, Fusion360, 123D Design [older version as it is discontinued], Ragard3D [for converting pictures into 3d models, and Windows own 3D Builder for simple quick models.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back