What solder do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 301981
I use this for the rc hobby and at work almost daily. I personally prefer having a small diameter like 0.6mm due to it melts quickly šŸ‘
Also adding flux to the wiring helps a lot
View attachment 301983
0.6mm is a bit slim for my own purposes. Soldering 8AWG into QS8s needs a lot of heat so I run my iron at 500Ā°C/932Ā°F and my 1mm solder partially just vaporizes on first contact.

I did pick up some kester 63/37 0.61 and what a difference, I can solder now. I only drank 2 beers and was nice and relaxed. B4 with the silver bearing solder I would have slammed a 12 pack be pissed off, melted a few qs8,s, just be so down on myself wondering why I can solder wire connections. THANKS TO ALL for all your comments and recommendations.

Yeah I was just about to recommend Kester, been using the # 44 for years and have soldered thousands of joints with it doing electronics repair / projects / wiring, it's really good stuff. I prefer the 0.031 to 0.040 size. If you can't solder with the Kester, it's most definitely not the solder's fault. šŸ˜†

I've used both 60/40 and 63/37 Kester and both worked fantastic over the years and never had any issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back