Granite What spares do you try to always have on hand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
Thankfully I’ve not broken anything major yet, but I am pushing the granite and Senton harder all the time and starting to break some things. Shock rod ends and turnbuckle ends are the break du jur lately. So what do you all try to always have on hand so you don’t go home with charged batteries? Also wondering if better to upgrade ends to aluminum or keep sacrificing cheap plastic in lieu of breaking more expensive stuff.

Thankfully I’ve not broken anything major yet, but I am pushing the granite and Senton harder all the time and starting to break some things. Shock rod ends and turnbuckle ends are the break du jur lately. So what do you all try to always have on hand so you don’t go home with charged batteries? Also wondering if better to upgrade ends to aluminum or keep sacrificing cheap plastic in lieu of breaking more expensive stuff.
More than one rig ???‍♂️

More than one rig ???‍♂️
That’s one way to go about it?
Wheel driveshafts if you don't have a good feel for setting the slipper clutch. A-arms would be another. Rod ends the next.
I keep hearing about broken driveshafts, but I guess I’m lucky? I’ve yet to break one and I air it out on 3s. Kind of afraid I might soon though because I put 30k in the diffs and now it wheelies on 2s like no Big deal. Are driveshafts a problem if slipper is set correctly? I didn’t find it particularly difficult to set??‍♂️

I keep some of the most common bearings on hand, the rest depends on the vehicle but in general I get a replacement for all the commonly broken things like A arms, rod ends, extra screws and nuts, wheel nuts, body pins, first aid kit and a fire extinguisher (just in case)

Arms are another one I’m lucky on I guess. Broke one second pack on granite so I got f/r rpm arms for both trucks. All still stock except the granite fronts. Was waiting to change until they broke and the rest haven’t.

forgot tires, I have at least one full set of tires, just in case. My garage looks like a miny tire shop! LOL

Hmm, I've bent lots of turnbuckles but I've only broken one rod end. Armor All, it works. Probably helps that my pivot balls are loose as hell.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back