What spares & fluids

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madmax

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
Hi guys, just wondering what spares and fluid you guys keep on hand? Or do you just order as you break or wear parts out?Want to put a order in @towerhobbies so i can get everything in one go. I got a mega raider so if that makes difference.
Tia

The first thing that I would recommend is getting yourself the lower aluminium chassis plate and immediately change out the original plastic one. This is a known weak point on all of the Mega line,as any good hit on the front , has a habit of snapping off the entire front end. Have a look around for aftermarket shocks,you'll find lots of ideas throughout this forum,along with better rear tyres.
In general,very few parts break on these trucks as they're very well built. Normally a common spare part are the A-arms,but not on this range,I've yet to hear of someone break one. Diff oil:- 7000-10,000wt. Shock oil:- minimum of 350 cst for both. Hope this helps Madmax.

Body clips and wheel nuts are good to have on hand. Maybe some spare wheel bearings and a set of dog bones and a diff service kit.

White lithium grease (transmission gears) and light machine oil (bushings/bearings) is good to have along with brake cleaner. I also like to keep acetone and denatured alcohol on my bench. These items are best to get at a local auto or hardware store. I'm sure you don't want to pay shipping and import fees for these.

Shock oil is a must. You WILL be popping caps off.

I did the aluminum skid plate right away so it may have saved some other damage as Dreadstar suggests.

I've broken a shock mount also on my Raider but that may have been driver error

Overall it's been a real solid RC (coming from a street/ backyard basher).

Shock oil is a must. You WILL be popping caps off.

I did the aluminum skid plate right away so it may have saved some other damage as Dreadstar suggests.

I've broken a shock mount also on my Raider but that may have been driver error

Overall it's been a real solid RC (coming from a street/ backyard basher).

Thanks , I've ordered the aluminum skid plate ,so far bashing around the backyard haven't poped any shocks yet. Is it 35wt for the shocks do you recommend upgrading shocks ?

Thanks again guys

Thanks , I've ordered the aluminum skid plate ,so far bashing around the backyard haven't poped any shocks yet. Is it 35wt for the shocks do you recommend upgrading shocks ?

Thanks again guys

I recently added a mild brushless setup to the car. At the same time I added 40wt shock oil. Still not as firm as I'd like, so I ordered some stiffer springs. Still waiting on those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back