Mojave What the best battery to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a bit of hit and miss from my experience, I've got various batteries from many different brands.

I have Turnigy Graphene batteries in 4s for my "race" cars, two pairs are brilliant one pair have puffed up and aren't as good. I tried the Zee Power in 4s 6000mah soft case I was so impressed I bought some 3s 5200mah on hard case and they are hopeless, the C rating is no way true in these, but the 4s one's are easily up to the task.

The batteries I've had the best constancy over different sizes and voltages have been the Turnigy Heavy Duty, they are reasonably priced and out preform everything else I have except for the Graphenes that are the good set.

I would take a gamble on the Zee Power as I'm so happy with the 4s pair I have that I'm convinced they make great batteries and I just got a dud pair of 3s ones. They are so cheap I'm not too upset about it and they still work, I just don't get anywhere near the power and response that I get from my Heavy Duty Turnigy packs.
You take your chances whatever you buy.....you don't have to look hard to find reviews of expensive batteries that were turds....maybe it's more rare with them.....maybe
I also am your average joe not buying the best but also not cheap, it’s been a while since I brought lipos that I am researching what everyone uses on there rigs here and will get a concept on the ones that work for me. Thanks for the feedback on these batteries.
The link supplied by Notorious was very helpful for me in my decision making

You take your chances whatever you buy.....you don't have to look hard to find reviews of expensive batteries that were turds....maybe it's more rare with them.....maybe

The link supplied by Notorious was very helpful for me in my decision making
I agree, I'm just highlighting my personal experiences with different brands, I have other horrible batteries and others that I've been really impressed with, but it all depends on the set you have, they will be different from batch to batch.

My most reliable long term battery has been the first 6s lipo I got when I bought my v2 Kraton, it is still going strong, a 6s 5000mah gensacearespammers. All in all though the Heavy Duty range from Hobby King have been the best value for money and the best performing over the years.
The Zee Power stuff is so cheap though and like I said above I got some great results out of one lot of them. When I spent a lot on a few batteries I didn't feel like I really got the value for money you'd expect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back