What the blazes is this?🤔

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
I was given a couple of crates of RC goodies, this was in there. I assume it’s some sort of dinosaur 🦖 part for a tx or rx . Can’t find it online. Just curious.

image.jpg

Wow.
That is from Radio's of the 1990's. Obsolete AM frequency crystals.
Maybe someone on Ebay needs them for an old Jr radio.
Back in the day, to race at the track you needed spare frequencies to race, because of overlapping frequencies. And Racers could not compete on same freqs obviously. One crystal for the Rx and one for the radio. Matched pairs.

I still have a radio that uses those. Actually had one come loose on my nitro buggy and it took off full bore. Ran into my neighbors house and started doing a smokey burnout.

I’ve seen too many cars ghost away into walls, streets and get run over, crowds ETC because someone showed up to a race, or bash spot and didn’t ask what flavors others were running before turning their 💩 on.. I’ve seen brawls over flattened cars before. Big time NO NO not to ask flavors first back then!!

I still have a few different colored crystals and a transmitter for them. Always funny when you asked your buddies what color you running today. 😆
At the track, the race director wanted everyone to quarantine their radios in one area. And you had to use a close pin clipped to your radio antenna with the frequency number whether for AM or FM bands. So others knew what channel you were on.
No radios were ever at your pit table. Once you paid your race fee, the radio was collected from you. The only time you held your radio was on the driver stand. Strict rule. Even if it was a practice day. Sometimes you waited for drivers to leave the track.
But back then, if you got 5-8 minutes out of your 7.2v Nicads running modified brushed motors, you were lucky.:LOL:

Yep channel 5, have many in each color.

Back