Kraton What tire glue do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stokez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
What tire glue do you use? My stock v5 kraton tires are starting to come unglued and super glue doesn't seem to be working. What do you professionals recommend here?

Last edited:
^^^Never liked it for tires. Tried it a while back
I have Gor. SG around for the house. Wifey picked it up at HD to fix her glass vase.
I tried the rest...IC-2000 hands down the best. Use the BSI accelerator with it.

IC-2000- Get the larger 1 oz. bottles , maybe 2 of them.. better value and you will need it for large tires. Goes fast if you are regular at maintaining tires. Store them in the fridge. CA goes bad sitting around. When you need, it could have gone bad. Been there. Even new sealed CA, in the fridge. It even flows nicely when its chilled.

IC-2000- Get the larger 1 oz. bottles , maybe 2 of them.. better value and you will need it for large tires. Goes fast if you are regular at maintaining tires. Store them in the fridge. CA goes bad sitting around. When you need, it could have gone bad. Been there. Even new sealed CA, in the fridge. It even flows nicely when its chilled.
Right? The 1/2oz bottle is such a ripoff when compared to the 1oz bottle. On Amazon it's less than $1 difference between the 1/2oz and the 1oz bottle.
$7.62 for the 1/2 https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-20-45-Rubber-Toughened-Cyanoacrylate/dp/B002N4WCR0
$8.44 for the 1oz https://www.amazon.com/IC-2000-Rubber-Toughened-1oz-Adhesive-Glue/dp/B002N507I0

Reactions: SrC
^^^Your math is dead on. 1 oz for sure. Why anyone would buy the 1/2 oz is beyond me? ?‍♂️
You tend to use a bit more of this because it isn't as thin as other CA's. 20-45 sec set. So it's a tad thicker. But it fills gaps nice also.

I find that Simple Green is the best for prep/cleaning first. The Pro track guys use it to prep tires they build for racing. DNF's because of separated tires is very embarassing. Too much at stake when you are at the "Worlds". The pros would always rather build their own wheels/tires. They don't trust premounts. I feel the same. I never had personally built wheels separate at the beads. Yet PL and some others are notorious for poorly built premounts that fall apart. Especially Basher MT wheels.

Edit: Check your New premounted wheels for gaps. If you have a good eye, you may find them on ocassions. Then apply a small layer around the beads both sides after prep/ cleaning beads. Spray some BSI CA Accelerator, let dry. Then do the others side. Your tires will thank you, so will your wallet. I mention this all over AF. Should be a sticky or a "Fix". ?‍♂️

Last edited:
There is some really good information here, thank you everyone. I ordered the bigger IC2000, was also curious what to use to prep was thinking alcohol but I do have simple green. I'm starting to see gaps on my beads now after about 10 packs, I actually started to hear it before I saw it. At high speeds the tire will start to unbalance and make a ton of vibration noise

Reactions: SrC
Preventive maintenance Goes a long way. I do it when they are new. Best insurance.

There is some really good information here, thank you everyone. I ordered the bigger IC2000, was also curious what to use to prep was thinking alcohol but I do have simple green. I'm starting to see gaps on my beads now after about 10 packs, I actually started to hear it before I saw it. At high speeds the tire will start to unbalance and make a ton of vibration noise
Isopropyl Alcohol is what I use.

Alcohol is fine if that' s what you got. But Simple Green just seems to prep the tires rubber much better. Makes the rubber react to the CA better and immediately. I'm sure both are fine and interchangeable. But the hard core track guys use Simple Green over the years from trial and error using both. Adam Drake uses Simple Green. Most of us have simple green on hand anyway. Maybe its splitting hairs in the end. We are just bashing our rigs.

Last edited:
I use AKA CA glue. Their bottle cap has a metal pin in it which helps keep the tip clear and they include a pipette that you cut off a bit of and stick in the end of the bottle to apply the glue, then throw away the small piece and put the cap back on. Works really well and helps keep the tip from getting gunked up over time. So far, the only bottle of CA glue where I'm actually capable of using the entire bottle vs it drying up or the tip getting so crappy that you can't use it to do anything but glue your fingers to the table.

EDIT:
Copied from a post I made somewhere about reglueing tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back