Big Rock What tires are you all putting on your BRCC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about the types that go on the granite. What would you use to widen the stance even more?
I used the Hot Racing 17mm hex adapters with the 10mm offset. Others use the Typhon arms. I think the new version is wider than the original though. Someone should be able to confirm or correct me.

I use both
I used the Hot Racing 17mm hex adapters with the 10mm offset. Others use the Typhon arms. I think the new version is wider than the original though. Someone should be able to confirm or correct me.
I use both actually. Also the Proline MX 28 Badlands tires because nothing compares. :) Oh this is on my BRCC. If you get Typhon arms you need the turn buckles too.

Last edited:
I like the looks of those tires. Noob question, is there a common or popular rim/wheel that those would fit that would widen the stance?

Any tire and wheel recommendations? Working with the V3. What is "1/2 backspace"?
Where the hex mounts on wheel is 1/2 closer.making them stick out 1/2 inch.heres with typhon arms,10mm he extensions, 1/2 inch backspaced mx28.

20200717_182915.jpg

The only thing I don't like about using the 14mm stock hexes is that the hexes themselves are junk. I can't tell you how many of the grub screw have stripped on me.

Good grip?
My lock-ups have great grip.

I do have some SixPack, but in the ST (SCT) size. I run them on my Granite when I hit the track - the smaller tires make the Granite handle closer to a buggy vs the normal MT handling... The track I run most often is loose loamy, and the sixpacks do great.

The only thing I don't like about using the 14mm stock hexes is that the hexes themselves are junk. I can't tell you how many of the grub screw have stripped on me.

The BLX hexes do look like cast pot metal. I have not stripped any, but then I have not had to take them off as often as you - you have me beat by a long shot on the broken axle count. :p :ROFLMAO:

My lock-ups have great grip.

I do have some SixPack, but in the ST (SCT) size. I run them on my Granite when I hit the track - the smaller tires make the Granite handle closer to a buggy vs the normal MT handling... The track I run most often is loose loamy, and the sixpacks do great.

The BLX hexes do look like cast pot metal. I have not stripped any, but then I have not had to take them off as often as you - you have me beat by a long shot on the broken axle count. :p :ROFLMAO:
I don't run the 14mm hexes anymore. I've been running the 17mm HR adapters for over a year.

Use the Duratrax 14mm wheels, and you don't need adaptors or the high $$$ Proline Raid wheels. I run the Duratrax Lockups, and love them. But, out of stock. The SixPack MT are in stock, under $30 a pair, and a 'Big Block' tread like the proline badlands MX -
https://www.towerhobbies.com/product/six-pack-mt-2.8-mounted-tires-black-14mm-hex-2/DTXC5256.html

I second that on the Duratrax...I run them on BR and the Granite...yes cheaper but they hookup good. They do need to be balanced there are seriously out of balance takes a lot of clay to get them right. 7mm nut I use the Traxxas ones that have more and longer serration over Arrma ones and be careful not to overtighten...they work great

I have a set of Lockups for my Typhon and they have a little less grip than my Badlands M2 buggy tires. I also have MX28s which are maybe my favorite tires. I have a soft spot for Badlands.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back