Typhon What tires do I need to get Typhon 3s to backflip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pcpilot82

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What tires can I get for Typhon 3s to do backflips? I read a lot about Proline Badlands MX28 but I want to get some tires that I can just replace the stock ones without any mods. thanks

You should be able to swap the MX 28's as the Typhon has 17mm hex's already. Only issue may be the offset so hopefully someone will chime in that has tried them on the 3s Typhon as I've only ran them on my Granite and Bigrock.

Proline MX28's or Proline Trenchers. Prolines require a 17mm hub adapter, but that's not a mod, it's just what's required to make them fit.
This. I have the pre-mounted Pro-Line Trencher HP belted tires on my Typhon 3s. They come with a 6X30 hub, and you have to buy the 17mm hub separately. The Badlands come the same way. The offset works fine with a Typhon, but you may need to buy a deep 17mm wheel nut wrench: the wheel nut is pretty far in to the wheel. I would post a pic, but I can’t get to my pic files from this tablet.

Dude - my typhon 3s backflips with stock! I've had good results with duratrax six packs too.
I wish mine did. I start a backflip off my ramp and it just lands upside down lol.
Proline MX28's or Proline Trenchers. Prolines require a 17mm hub adapter, but that's not a mod, it's just what's required to make them fit.
That's what I'm gonna get today. Thanks

So, I'm not sure why these have not been recommended.. yes, they are discontinued through proline, but they still exist on eBay and the like...

The mx28 on the f11 rim comes in 17mm hex..

I also agree with @Grimbles , mine backflips quite nicely with the buggy tires.... Just have to air it out.... it will not, by any means, backflip off very small jumps.. so keep that in mind...👍

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PRO-lINE-1...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

My Typhon 3s backflips when stock, maybe turn your punch setting up to 4. You just need practice and a better ramp.

So, I'm not sure why these have not been recommended.. yes, they are discontinued through proline, but they still exist on eBay and the like...
Yeah, I didn't recommend the F11 17mm rims because at one point they were discontinued. But it looks like Proline has re-introduced them (back-ordered right now). You can't buy them pre-mounted, but Proline also reintroduced the MX28's without rims, so you can buy them separately and glue them yourself.

https://www.prolineracing.com/product/f-11-2.8-tra-bead-blk-whl-17mm-hex-st4x4/PRO275503.html
https://www.prolineracing.com/product/badlands-mx28-2.8-tra-style-bead-truck-tire-2/PRO1012500.html

I've never been able to back flip my typhon on buggy tyres, even with good air (15-20 feet) 🤷‍♂️
To answer a previous question
Stock buggy tyres 114mm od
Mx 28 128mm
Backflip lp 154mm
Could drive upside down with these 😂

Would the Backflip LPs (4S) fit ? Theyd seem like a sensible option ?

I haven't tried them, but I have a feeling the Backflip LP's may be too tall and heavy for 3s. The 4s models come with wider arms. I tried different 3.8 tires on my Granite before, but without the wider arms, the higher center of gravity made it handle REALLY badly. Also, without 4s power, the Granite was underpowered with the extra weight. The 4s Kraton and Outcast also come with a 2400kv motor. The 3200kv 3s vehicles already tend to overheat when run hard, so with heavier tires they will overheat that much faster.

On a 3s Arrma, 3.8 Backflip LP's will backflip faster than 2.8's, but probably at the expense of all other performance characteristics. You'll also be popping driveshafts often.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back