Kraton What to convert my K4S into?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on here since I got into the crawler scene. Anyways, I’ve had a blast with my K4S but the chassis finally broke after some heavy bashing. I have a backup chassis ready to swap out but I’m thinking of turning it into a fun project of converting it into something else. Typhon 4s or Senton 4s?

I’ve got a K6S V5 waiting for me under the tree so I don’t see the need to have two Kratons. I have an Outcast 4s and since Arrma is updating the 4s line sometime in spring 2021 I can wait to see what they do to the 4s line up.

Attached are pics of the damage.

AB733BD0-6B9D-4CB6-91CF-1C73EB878E0B.jpeg

4C0C1733-831B-4986-BC25-D67C4FBD5F4C.jpeg

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted on here since I got into the crawler scene. Anyways, I’ve had a blast with my K4S but the chassis finally broke after some heavy bashing. I have a backup chassis ready to swap out but I’m thinking of turning it into a fun project of converting it into something else. Typhon 4s or Senton 4s?

I’ve got a K6S V5 waiting for me under the tree so I don’t see the need to have two Kratons. I have an Outcast 4s and since Arrma is updating the 4s line sometime in spring 2021 I can wait to see what they do to the 4s line up.

Attached are pics of the damage.

View attachment 114875

View attachment 114876
Nice, I made my granite run on 6s and I broke all the drive shafts you can imagine! Lol! I broke my chassis 12 times. Lol!

Depending how you plan on driving it, the big difference that I see is that SC is a closed wheel body and driving it will be more clumsy from the parachuting affect. Also with a SC body, the chassis will collect so much dirt that its silly.
That chassis already has problems with dirt ingress as it stands. Steering issues etc. rocks binding, Shaft damage. It doesn't handle dirt build up well enough.
A Typhon open wheel body will keep things so much cleaner in the dirt. the body snugs around the chassis better. And it will be much more aero, agile and faster. Just my thoughts. Others may chime in with their ideas hopefully. It's only your call in the end.

BTW, a Typhon body is less $$ than a truck body. FWIW. (y)

Last edited:
Depending how you plan on driving it, the big difference that I see is that SC is a closed wheel body and driving it will be more clumsy from the parachuting affect. Also with a SC body, the chassis will collect so much dirt that its silly.
That chassis already has problems with dirt ingress as it stands. Steering issues etc. rocks binding, Shaft damage. It doesn't handle dirt build up well enough.
A Typhon open wheel body will keep things so much cleaner in the dirt. the body snugs around the chassis better. And it will be much more aero, agile and faster. Just my thoughts. Others may chime in with their ideas hopefully. It's only your call in the end.

BTW, a Typhon body is less $$ than a truck body. FWIW. (y)
You make great points. Typhon build it is. My normal bashing spot is filled with rocks and pebbles which have eaten quite a few center driveshafts so the SC closed wheel body will be a vaccum for those rocks.

Hey I like SC bodies, but they are limited in some regards. In SC racing on a nice groomed track that class is fun. But I feel that's where they belong. On the track. I have a Mojave/ larger SC body scale. It's still a SC. I put wheel inner fenders for dirt issues. It works, but without it dirt just collects, sometimes a pound or more of dirt. No joke depending where you are bashing. And my Mojave is far from aero IMHO. SC

I take you’re not a fan of K4S?

My thoughts on the Kraton 4s:

Not a big fan, but more importantly, Arrma said they are releasing a heavily improved version in a few months. The time to sell is now.

My thoughts on the Kraton 4s:

Not a big fan, but more importantly, Arrma said they are releasing a heavily improved version in a few months. The time to sell is now.
Yeah. I saw the interview Jason did with CCRC. Kinda why I’m thinking of converting it to either a Typhon or Senton and ride the the 4s esc and motor till they burn up.

As I jumped into the 6s club with my Kraton 6s V5, my project to turn my Kraton into a 4s Typhon slowly diminishes. Until ARRMA comes out with the revamped 4s line my K4S and O4S may have seen its last days. The original 4s line had a lot of potential but the components just couldnt handle the 4s power. Excited to see what ARRMA does in the next few months with the 4s line and the improvements/changes they do.

see you soon GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back