What to do ….. please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kernyboy

Reaction score
So me and my lad have finally got the money and the go head ( from the boss ) to get a new rc car…. We have the kraton 6s exb and love it but now want a 1/5th scale monster!!!
Have been looking around and was basically a toss up between the arrma outcast exb with a max5 combo or the Traxxas xmaxx … you’ll be glad to know we have decided in the outcast …. But now you can’t get it anywhere in the uk 🇬🇧 due to them
Being recalled ……!apparently they won’t be out till December. 😥

I have them both And they are both awesome trucks.

Here is the quick rundown…… My 7yo son and I grabbed the xmaxx and outcast about 4 weeks ago. Our xmaxx stock esc was horrible and kept hitting the over current protection on hard starts when it has good traction. We learned how to still bash it but avoid this most of the time. If you don’t want do this be prepared to spend another 150 - 200 on a max 6 or 5. The outcast power system is pretty darn good for rtr and has no issues so far.

The 8s outcast is much heavier and temperamental and doesn’t like bad landings too often. The xmaxx can take one hell of a beating, doesn’t really care what you do to it. The quick removal body is cool but will pop off on hard impacts as well.

Replacement parts can get costly for the 8s outcast but are the xmaxx are next to nothing for most parts. Example a xmaxx chassis is like 20 dollars instead of 100 - 200 dollars.

Either way you go you will be happy ! I loved the 6s outcast platform so much that is what made me buy the 8s version. I also owned a ton of traxxas vehicles over the years, and enjoyed them all. I have a history with traxxas since the early 90’s.

best of luck with your decision.

I have both, they are both great but different animals, personally I don’t like jumping my outcast 8s too much…it’s just so heavy I feel like if I land a little funny it’s gonna break, that said I haven’t broke it jumping yet. But I feel much more confident sending my xmaxx to the moon. Both on flat ground the outcast is so much better, leagues above the xmaxx. I wish there was more companies making wide kits for the xmaxx. I found one but it was like 600 to do it. Not worth it in my opinion. I think having both is a great idea lol. But like stated above the xmaxx is way cheaper to fix if you break something. My only issue I had with the xmaxx was the spur and pinion breaking almost every time I took it out. I put a hotracing 50t spur and a Tekno 18t pinion in and no more issues. I have maybe 35+ packs through the xmaxx and the stock electronics are still going to my surprise. I was running a 48/18 spur for the longest time and Im at full throttle all the time and never had a overheating issue. The motor is always around 145-160F even on the hot days. I always run 8s. Both Trucks have their uses. The xmaxx is way easier to control in the air too. If the xmaxx was wider I think it would be perfect. So idk witch way to push you, both are great. On the ground with bumps and little jumps I pick the outcast every time it’s just unbelievable how well it handles compared to the xmaxx.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back