Kraton What to do - Any Help Appreciated

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My fiancé and I bought a K4s last week, our first real rc truck, and within 5 minutes on my fiancé's first run she hit a pole on 50% power and busted the front left a arm, shock shaft/spring perch, and the front gearbox cover/shock tower. Local hobby shop attempted a repair on the spring perch, but it broke again on our very next run after one tumble from too sharp of a turn(this time I was running it at 75% on the radio). I have a new one on order, so I'm hoping that will fix the problem. I hope it was still broken and was only meant to be a temporary repair. If one roll at 75% speed is all it will take to break the shocks I'm never going to be able to run a full battery through it before something breaks.
A 75% speed crash not a lot of rc will survive
I found UK stock of the Flysky radios so they arrived in a couple of days. Put one of them in my Notorious last night but haven't had a chance to try it out.

I had a Tamiya Manta Ray as my first RC car 25 years ago and I found it in my parent's loft 6 months ago which got me back into RCs. I wanted a hobby my son and I could do together and after getting the Tamiya going again we got the bug, until it caught fire!

Between us we 3 Arrmas and I've just about got enough spare parts to start my own shop, but I'm still waiting on a new slipper plate assembly to get the Kraton back up and running, I've been waiting 3 months for one now, I've got everything except the metal plates which sandwich it on the outside!
Outch did you try finding a slipper hub online?

A 75% speed crash not a lot of rc will survive

Outch did you try finding a slipper hub online?

Yes, Jenny’s RCs was the only place I could get one, bought their last 2 kraton slipper assemblies and a couple for the typhon while I was at it. Nowhere in the UK has them. Both my usual suppliers of parts were expecting stock yesterday and it didn’t show. They’re now saying delivery end of September!

hopefully the order from Jenny’s TC will get through customs quickly and will be with me by the end of the month.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back