Big Rock What to do out the box big rock before use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a fan of wheel balance on new wheels, check diff fluids always low, and screws. Last I use drywall tape and other body protection to protect the body for bashing. Otherwise, It's good out the box. Oh, recalibrate

"trenchers or badlands" - yes those are wheel & tire combos. You will need 12 mm to 17mm hex adapters for that. The tires made a HUGE difference ( i went for the 2.8 badlands) in handling, acceleration on all terrain and minimizing flip overs when turning under throttle. But I now break wheel axles here and there when doing some pretty hefty jumps. Also, i recommend picking up the axles (ARA310870 and ARA310864) ahead of time and extra spur gears if staying plastic spur. The motor will slip out eventually and its easy to chew up that plastic spur in a jiffy. The spurs are cheap. I have 2 friends that switched to metal spurs but ate up the housing when there was an issue and had much more expensive repairs. Personally, i think its easy to just change the spur gear as needed, which is not very often. The motor mount is another weak point. Remove the motor and use alcohol to clean the threads and mounting points and then use thread lock. The red thread lock didn't stick (At least for me and others had similar issues) without doing this.

Last edited:
"trenchers or badlands" - yes those are wheel & tire combos. You will need 12 mm to 17mm hex adapters for that. The tires made a HUGE difference ( i went for the 2.8 badlands) in handling, acceleration on all terrain and minimizing flip overs when turning under throttle. But I now break wheel axles here and there when doing some pretty hefty jumps. Also, i recommend picking up the axles (ARA310870 and ARA310864) ahead of time and extra spur gears if staying plastic spur. The motor will slip out eventually and its easy to chew up that plastic spur in a jiffy. The spurs are cheap. I have 2 friends that switched to metal spurs but ate up the housing when there was an issue and had much more expensive repairs. Personally, i think its easy to just change the spur gear as needed, which is not very often. The motor mount is another weak point. Remove the motor and use alcohol to clean the threads and mounting points and then use thread lock. The red thread lock didn't stick (At least for me and others had similar issues) without doing this.

Great advice, thank you. My BRCC just showed up today, I'm ready to get it going!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back