What to do with your 8s stock electronics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2015GTRBE

Patrick Bateman ?
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Talion
Because you know this topic will be coming up, I think they fit into the infraction given the video on car wow with the 8s infraction running against the R8 v10.

I just want to see the Kraton demo so I can order my new motor to go with the Max5. I don’t even plan to turn it on while stock.

Last edited:
Because you know this topic will be coming up, I think they fit into the infraction given the video on car wow with the 8s infraction rubbing against the R8 v10.

I just want to see the Kraton demo so I can order my new motor to go with the Max5. I don’t even plan to turn it on while stock.
I agree with you! The max6 is a venerable 6th scale esc that’s been proven strong. Xmaxx guys ditch the vxl 8s for them and it handles the truck well. Many arrma 8th scales run them with huge motors. Losi’s large scale electric offerings all use it with (only a few) issues in their huge dbxl e... most have been fine in the SBR and SRR. Maybe people will opt to keep their kraton 8s’s stock for a little bit, as 50mph is very scary at 6th scale! Maybe I can see the stock system not being geared up to 50 in such a heavy truck. Then maybe it will be swapped out very frequently.

I agree with you! The max6 is a venerable 6th scale esc that’s been proven strong. Xmaxx guys ditch the vxl 8s for them and it handles the truck well. Many arrma 8th scales run them with huge motors. Losi’s large scale electric offerings all use it with (only a few) issues in their huge dbxl e... most have been fine in the SBR and SRR. Maybe people will opt to keep their kraton 8s’s stock for a little bit, as 50mph is very scary at 6th scale! Maybe I can see the stock system not being geared up to 50 in such a heavy truck. Then maybe it will be swapped out very frequently.

My X maxx runs a max5 with leopard 1250 KV and this bad boy will most likely run a similar motor long can and the same ESC. My 1/5th scale bajas run 9-10hp engines and go well over 70mph. Nothing scary about it just need open land.

My V3 Kraton is 8s if need be.

Attachments

• C30F7BF5-27D0-4761-BCC8-503588645462.jpeg
    C30F7BF5-27D0-4761-BCC8-503588645462.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 63
My X maxx runs a max5 with leopard 1250 KV and this bad boy will most likely run a similar motor long can and the same ESC. My 1/5th scale bajas run 9-10hp engines and go well over 70mph. Nothing scary about it just need open land.
I’d man... in my personal opinion, it’s pretty terrifying. Which is totally awesome of course!

So the MOST exciting thing could be:
IFF Jennys and other kit breakers are able to break the 8s Kraton, we could have a nice route to cheap esc upgrades for all the things. Will take a while before they can do that - but when it happens it will be awesome. Won't have to shell out for a Max 6 combo anymore.

My V3 Kraton is 8s if need be.
what Tires are you running over 70 on with the baja? I'm always looking

Is this spektrum 4685 the same motor can as the 4985 but without the fins? Looking at my 4985 the fins look about 1.5mm so that would make sense. So full on the spektrum smart version of the max6 combo but with a kv tweak?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back