What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
I have received more LSD spares and shims for the exb. Me thinking too much cant decide what to do. I still have a bit of a hard time controling the exb i still have over steer i still 360 sometimes sometimes i menages to drift in control on the dirt but its not consistant. I have been running 30k in the front(v4 diff) 100k LSD center stock and 12500 in the rear with the 6 star tune. I want to increase the front diff oil to maybe help. But here are my options. My front diff is slightly damaged both main gears was poorly shimmed by me... i guess the diff broke in too much or sometjing but it never clicked on me during use. My exb diff cup is used it was originally the center diff cup changed it ot because it melting a bit on the cup side steel insert and was trowing a bit of oil that thing gets freaking hot under use enough to burn my finger if i touch the diff

i can open the v4 siff trow 60k in andclose everything up again

or i can trow an exb diff with LSD on less restrictive mode 30k

6 star tune with 45k(because its not a fully open diff

Use the shims to have a fully open diff. But im worried trowing the exb gears on the front will end up like the v4 diff i land quite a ton where the front shock tower is located and the diff housing is plastic vs i have a metal gearbox in the rear that might be my next upgrade. The v4 diff needed 0.2mm of shims more than before

I would put the 30k V4 in the rear and put the stock setup EXB diff in the front.

Im sure the diff getting damaged happened in a crash until i oppened it up the car ran completly fine without any clicking metal noise i remember hearing one crack in a big crash once. One of my front diff outdrive was chewed but didnt pop out
I would put the 30k V4 in the rear and put the stock setup EXB diff in the front.
I don't think the v4 will survive in the rear he is compromised and to remplace both gears are 50$. When i have a complete exb diff that i can build
Its not that bad no? @jondilly1974
5BC8D3C7-4D8D-4ED8-913B-13EF44F29B93.jpeg
85743AA1-3744-44BD-B749-BE3E60CBDE5C.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back