Big Rock What to order for durability

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darknight

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. BigRock 4x4
Hey, new here (just introduced on new member thread). I currently live in China and have limited access to parts. I have someone coming to visit from the states next month and will bring me some parts (currently have a broken shock and a arm as well as a torn up tire). Any other parts I should have them bring me? It takes weeks to ship, horizon hobby is $70 to ship parts here, so that’s a no go. I want to order a few things that might give me issues beforehand. I’ve put roughly 16 batteries of runtime through it with one torn up tire, and the broken shock/a arm from a collision.

So I’m ordering the hot racing aft117xt02 to convert to 17mm and 10mm offset. I can order new mx28 tires here. I was going to get new shock parts to fix current broken shock, and rpm a arms. Any concerns?
What else should I have them bring that might be potential for problems running this setup.

Thank you all

Wheelie bar spring will die soon with jumps so another wheelie bar on hand should come in useful. You can strap it to help when the spring breaks but I broke the whole thing eventually.
A good set of bearings is essential. I like AVID Racing. Other like Fast Eddy's.
Hot Racing motor mount because the mesh is so tight out of the box. I think this is also an essential first upgrade.
For shocks, I installed these and am very happy with them so far. An inch of fuel tubing at the shock towers and good to go. 3/16" outer diameter fuel tubing is what I used. Standard for weed eaters etc.
I would suggest a motor fan as well. Hot Racing heatsink or stock and Wild Turbo Fan or aluminum shroud fan. You have one free slot for a fan in the RX.

Hope this helps. I really love my BRCC and place it well above all 1:10 trucks I own or have owned. It's the only Arrma 1:10 I have but Granite BLX soon or whatever new 4s comes from Arrma next.

Last edited:
Wheelie bar spring will die soon with jumps so another wheelie bar on hand should come in useful. You can strap it to help when the spring breaks but I broke the whole thing eventually.
A good set of bearings is essential. I like AVID Racing. Other like Fast Eddy's.
Hot Racing motor mount because the mesh is so tight out of the box. I think this is also an essential first upgrade.
For shocks, I installed these and am very happy with them so far. An inch of fuel tubing at the shock towers and good to go. 3/16" outer diameter fuel tubing is what I used. Standard for weed eaters etc.
I would suggest a motor fan as well. Hot Racing heatsink or stock and Wild Turbo Fan or aluminum shroud fan. You have one free slot for a fan in the RX.

Hope this helps. I really love my BRCC and place it well above all 1:10 trucks I own or have owned. It's the only Arrma 1:10 I have but Granite BLX soon or whatever new 4s comes from Arrma next.
Thank you for the reply! Checking out parts as I type.

I’ve got the shocks and bearing ready to order. I’m guessing there’s a good write up for all the bearing to install. I’m ordering the one-n-done kit from hot racing to convert to 17mm with a 10mm offset. I can order the mx28 tires here in China.

Last edited:
T-Bone Racing front and rear bumpers would be a good durability upgrade. I replaced the stock bumpers when the truck was new so I never ran with them, but the TBR ones feel so much more sturdy than the stock.

For my BRCC, I ordered the T-Bone Racing rear bumpers (Front Bumper will come soon) part # 10096. RPM Rear (part # 81502) and Front ( part # 81492) A-arms, this past weekend. I will post pictures this weekend when the parts come in. I'll review the difference in steering performance and wheelie balance/durability.

Upgrades thus far:
Duratrax 12 mm Aluminum Wheel Hub Adapter.
Fine it here: https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...MIka-cp-WJ3wIVwyaGCh0h1QsoEAQYASABEgIrZ_D_BwE

Hot Racing WH17HT01 Hex Hub Adapters 12 mm to 17 mm W/ 10 mm Offset
Find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XF89WTO/ref=psdc_6925979011_t1_B00XF89VJU

Badlands MX28 2.8 Mtd F-11 17 mm PRO-MT 4x4
Find it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0773H5DKQ/?coliid=I3IXUGF20EXXP8&colid=3BC9MV8EEL3N4&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Parts finally came in.

Rear RPM A-Arm

Bottom view of front RPM A-ARM

Rear view of T-bone racing Wheelie Bar

Attachments

• 20190413_135626_HDR.jpg
    20190413_135626_HDR.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 37
for me it was the bearings, especially if you are not good a keeping your bigrock clean, I had one of the bearings freeze up and melt my drive shaft.

I'm really impressed with the traction on the trenchers (1170-18), we just installed the hot racing 17mm adapters and new tires today. They probably wear the battery out faster, they are wider than stock I think. But it has changed what the truck will run over, it is handling our thick wild farm grass a little better now--They're not taller, they act dramatically different by gripping the ground much better.

This is mainly anecdotal because we already were getting a lot of play in the front end, and so the plastic may have cracked previously... But the front tire and steering block came out of the c-hub for the first time today after putting the bigger tires on. I was already trying to figure out what needed to be replaced to get rid of some play on that wheel--it's completely possible it was cracked before and had not come apart yet. The bottom part of the steering block tore out of the rest. $4 for the steering block, $14 for a kit of similar stuff from Jenny's (sold out), or $30? for the hot racing aluminum version... Will probably get a couple cheap stock plastic steering blocks as an initial test, this is probably the first plastic we've ever cracked on the truck.

It was being run plenty hard so I can't complain but I just wish I had thought to stock up on the part!!!

Another thought I had earlier about attempting to keep a truck running (on an island) is possibly buying a full spare truck... As stuff fails that's under warranty, for either truck, get replacements sent to a US address and let the parts pile up till you get them later. Until then one truck gets used to fix the other. But it costs enough that I haven't done it yet!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back