What TP motor for 1/10 drag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me start by saying that I'm no expert when it comes to no-prep drag racing as I have no real world experience. That being said, I do watch an awful lot of Youtube videos. Taking a cross section of the no-prep videos I've watched, get some Proline Reactions for the rear and pick up a bottle of Gremlin Goo. That should get you some (a lot?) of traction. Again, take it with a pinch of salt and maybe just look into these two products and draw your own conclusions. This video from the Gremlin Goo guys is pretty long, but it does a thorough job of explaining how they go about prepping their tires.

Edit: Sorry, missed the set of Reactions sitting on the left. You could also give your tires a wash with Simple Green or WD40. that should get you some extra traction over dry.
What is a speedo :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Happy Dad GIF by Watery

Last edited:
Man Sliding GIF

@Diem Turner I don't know what I'm doing with this car. I can tell you there's a noticeable difference in the stock tires vs these Hoosiers I got that I haven't even glued up yet. Hopefully they hook way better otherwise I'll have to try the Reactions you mentioned. I liked the scale factor of these.

Regarding the goo stuff, I always thought no-prep meant no-prep?

Last edited:
Avid no prepper here I have a dr10 start with throwing out both sets of tires because they aren't belted trust me you need belted reactions are great exotic twisters with valve stems and air instead of inserts is the best in my opinion. Start here get those rear shocks mounted dead vertical rebuild them making them as soft as possible keep those rear dog bones below horizontal angled up from trans to tire go back to the slipper I drilled my shaft to use the Traxxas style slipper I use the hot racing HD one about a half turn out from all the way tight is a good starting point the slip eliminator is just going to keep going left on launch because of the dr10 lightweight and thin diff oil once you get it dialed in you can lock the rear axles and metal gear your trans then try slip eliminator I recommend a radio with throttle curve to be successful with this approach the fore mentioned can be done with stock radio and some slick trigger and wheel skill just turn down your steering dual rate helps with over correcting and roof riding your gears look to be way to big remember you only have 132 foot start with 20 90 and work to a 24 pinion check your gnss you want it to run out of motor and gearing right at 132 ft if it's not your leaving ets on the tree remember it's from a to b in the lowest time dosent matter if you are going 110 or 10.

I forgot about this thread, I stripped the electronics, shelved it, and planned on converting it to the trophy rat. This reply makes me want to pull it off the shelf though either way......... Thanks a lot 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back