What Transmitter to buy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep mine turned off unless I'm doing a high speed run. I like have total control over the vehicle, especially in low traction situations.

I heavily prefer it with 2wd and don’t really care either way with 4wd. I personally feel more in control with it turned on. The truck is more likely to do what I want.

I heavily prefer it with 2wd and don’t really care either way with 4wd. I personally feel more in control with it turned on. The truck is more likely to do what I want.

I don't own any 2WD trucks but I think I would use it then for sure.

I use my gyro on my 2wd SCT Torment - it makes a difference, but not huge enough to feel like it is cheating. Plus, bashing - you can't really cheat... LOL

On my 4wd cars, they seem so point and shoot, I don't really see the point in a gyro.

My new Spektrum came with a gyro that auto corrects. I used it for one pack and then turned it off. I didn't care for it .

I know you mentioned this was the Spektrum DX5C, and you weren't sure what you'd do with 5 channels. Can you (or anyone) explain the most common use of channels 4 and 5? Still trying to decide on a model and what will be most practical. Looking at Spektrum heavily at this point.

I know you mentioned this was the Spektrum DX5C, and you weren't sure what you'd do with 5 channels. Can you (or anyone) explain the most common use of channels 4 and 5? Still trying to decide on a model and what will be most practical. Looking at Spektrum heavily at this point.

I believe 2 of those channels are used for the gyro system. Not all DX5C transmitters come with the gyro receiver though. If it doesn’t then it’s like $30 cheaper.

A lot of the crawler guys use them for controlling winches and their dig setup.

Back to the OP, after using the DX5C for a little bit now I can say that my old 3.0 is built a hell of a lot better. The DX5X feels like cheap plastic (like the stock controller), while my old 3.0 has some substance to it. I do not care for the new scroll wheel menu system either. Lastly, the power button tends to get stuck in the depressed position (a common complaint). You can tell this is their budget radio (that wasn't the case with my DX3.0). It's an upgrade over the stock radio, but I would look into other products and compare.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back