What type of glue is used for slipper pads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
  2. Vorteks
UPS app says my new Spur Gears and Slipper Pads will be on the front porch tomorrow :cool:, so wondering what to glue them on with?
Could I use the same stuff for gluing tires to wheels?
Thanks!
~s

The ones I bought had no glue and neither did the ones they replaced. IIRC, they used to get glued at the factory for ease of assembly but they stopped doing it to make them easier to replace.

There does seem to be a inside and an outside to them tho because I initially had some really bad slipping and it was solved by flipping them over.

They have glue on one side of them

The ones I bought had no glue and neither did the ones they replaced. IIRC, they used to get glued at the factory for ease of assembly but they stopped doing it to make them easier to replace.

There does seem to be a inside and an outside to them tho because I initially had some really bad slipping and it was solved by flipping them over.

Thanks!

Last edited:
The Spur Gear and Slipper Pads arrived in today's Mail.
The pads just press into the octagonal shape.
Also, was able to pop the old pads out of the stripped Spur Gear and fit them into the new Spur Gear.
I'm suspicious the gear mesh was set correctly, recalling the paper process, but the screws were not cinched tight enough, causing the 2 gears to push away thus stripping the teeth.
Else the plastic gear is wimpy and I'll have to research getting a metal gear.
We'll see! o_O

In my experience the plastic spur is plenty strong for blx power given your mesh and slipper are both adjusted correctly. Another thing to watch for back there is that both the motor and the tranny stay securely fastened to the motor plate. I have had issues with both of those coming loose with use which allows the mesh to fall out of adjustment.

In my experience the plastic spur is plenty strong for blx power given your mesh and slipper are both adjusted correctly. Another thing to watch for back there is that both the motor and the tranny stay securely fastened to the motor plate. I have had issues with both of those coming loose with use which allows the mesh to fall out of adjustment.

Thanks @Dustin Mustangs, that's reassuring to know on the Spur Gear material. While upping the motor and ESC, the gearing and tire dia were left original.

And as I picked this "Some hard use" Vorteks up from Tower's S&D, and like @ajdragon says, [RTR means "almost ready to run"] I should go through and do a general check on all the fasteners.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back