What typhon shock oil are you running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhon

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I own a typhon and ive had the privelage of having a nice outdoor track to run on. Its a very loamy and dust covered track. I have alot of driving corrections that need to be addressed that can cause my typhon to act NOSE heavy. Preloading my shocks by flooring it makes my chassis slap off the face. Holding full throttle off the jump and i have no more throttle to correct the mid air balance. Im working on it, very new to the track scene. Ive put on aka cityblocks to help with the traction & thinned my diff fluids to 3k-5k-3k. These were recommended to me but im not sure if their the correct choice yet. My question to the community is if they have similar issues and if a heavier rear shock oil has been used and what weight/cst. Maybe even firmer springs from durango or techno would help me as well. It seems to have the same characteristics on small or big jumps and the tbone racing bumper is saving the front of my buggy from an endless onslaught of damage. I appreciate any suggestions you may have or have done to your typhon thanks

First, swap out the pinion to a 16-18t if you haven't already. You should have plenty of throttle tune for even monster jumps. Do not make the rear stiffer than the front, ever. That will just make the nose diving much worse.
I have ran my V1 Typhon on a large 1/8 outdoor track. Mine is hardpan with constant dust that never goes away. The stock 45-45 oil and springs were fine, it flies beautifully. I am guessing since you are fairly new you are going at it maybe not as you should.
The softer/dustier any track is you will be fighting harder for grip, and you need a compliant suspension to do that, along with a disciplined trigger. It is possible that you are spinning too much and not getting good acceleration off the approach. Bring up the ride height front and back, maybe as much as 3-5 mm. Your t-bones are lower than the chassis by 2-3 mm alone, killing some of your ground clearance. I like them too and have them on my Typhon. But they do slap on landing the big jumps, chassis slap isn't always bad, if nothing breaks and you are going fast, it is sometimes a necessary evil.

Now I am running indoor clay and have went to 35 in the rear, and moved the upper mounts in to make the rear less skittery.

First, swap out the pinion to a 16-18t if you haven't already. You should have plenty of throttle tune for even monster jumps. Do not make the rear stiffer than the front, ever. That will just make the nose diving much worse.
I have ran my V1 Typhon on a large 1/8 outdoor track. Mine is hardpan with constant dust that never goes away. The stock 45-45 oil and springs were fine, it flies beautifully. I am guessing since you are fairly new you are going at it maybe not as you should.
The softer/dustier any track is you will be fighting harder for grip, and you need a compliant suspension to do that, along with a disciplined trigger. It is possible that you are spinning too much and not getting good acceleration off the approach. Bring up the ride height front and back, maybe as much as 3-5 mm. Your t-bones are lower than the chassis by 2-3 mm alone, killing some of your ground clearance. I like them too and have them on my Typhon. But they do slap on landing the big jumps, chassis slap isn't always bad, if nothing breaks and you are going fast, it is sometimes a necessary evil.

Now I am running indoor clay and have went to 35 in the rear, and moved the upper mounts in to make the rear less skittery.

Good info i do very much appreciate the response. I did get to try my new cityblock tires on the track and it helped alot with my traction issues. Though it still acted nose heavy i could at least correct it just enough to land flush. I do experience alot of chassis slap and its not just on the big jumps but even the tightly packed smaller ripples. It really high tales the back end up on those. I did have my shocks threaded all the way down on all 4 to try to add some extra ride height. I did this after my first few runs when i noticed the chassis slap. My dog bones sit almost flush with the chassis. I definitely want to put on my 16t pinion. Im just dreading breaking the stock 14t free. Ill take your advice and i will re-assess once i try those changes you recommended. Thanks for the help!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back