Kraton What Upgrades Have You Made To Make It Tougher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sps468

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So what upgrades have you done to make your Kraton tougher. So far I replaced all hubs with aluminum, front and rear chassis braces to aluminum, installing a bar mounted to both shock towers, installed 90mm springs, and will be installing front and rear diff cases with aluminium cases.

My best mod to make the Kraton tougher is the lexan body I use along with the home made chassis brace. Eliminating the wing and covering the rear shock tower was the best thing I ever did. The servo mount and steel gear servo was also very high on the list also. Third would be shimming all the diff internal gears. My eye is now on improving the shocks or shafts.....after some reading and researching, I think it's going to be a set of Tekno's with the gold colored 4mm shock shafts. The reason I list these things is because they were all steps taken after actually busting a part or bending a part. Each upgrade actually came from something that I damaged seeking out improvement or eliminating problems.

Last edited:
Shimmed all 3 differentials, HR Center Diff Carrier, HR Chassis Braces, HR Bell Crank, Voltage Hobbies Steering Rack, Shoe Goo'd the body with Drywall mesh, New Bearings all around, Front and Rear Red T-bone Bumpers, Red T-bone rear, mud guards, Swapped almost all the screws for Grainger Stainless Cap Screws with the Cylindrical head (easy on easy off, with a bigger hex and deeper hole). Savox 1210 SG steel gear servo, Axial Servo Horn, GKA Servo Mount, Hot Racing Center Diff mount, Tekno Full Option shocks on all 4 corners, with Tekno 4 hole Derlin shock pistons. I also put 80wt oil in the front, and 70 wt in the back., with Tekno Orange Springs. She seems to be running pretty solidly right now. My wife has been impressed that I come home from Bashing, and all I have to do is charge the batteries. I haven't broken anything in a while. I've actually had time to work on 2 other RC cars in the mean time.

Just realized one of the stock rims is pretty badly cracked and the tire is all wobbly. Tossed em out, and put on the cheap Chinese tires. They look rad, and oddly don't balloon very much. They left 2 black stripes in the parking lot when I floored the throttle. Might want to keep those in the dirt. :D

Last edited:
Here is the link to one of the Screws. I used a list of screw sizes that was posted by @WoodiE, in order to find the screws I needed. I was actually looking to order black, but now that the stainless came in, I really like it. All the screws I got use a 2.5MM hex instead of the 2mm, so it's that much easier to get at them. I also have a replacement set of stock screws, because some places don't have room for the taller head.

https://www.grainger.com/product/6C...ntly_Viewed-_-AZCART_67708&cm_vc=AZCART_67708

29DH50_AS01

Here is the link to one of the Screws. I used a list of screw sizes that was posted by @WoodiE, in order to find the screws I needed. I was actually looking to order black, but now that the stainless came in, I really like it. All the screws I got use a 2.5MM hex instead of the 2mm, so it's that much easier to get at them. I also have a replacement set of stock screws, because some places don't have room for the taller head.

https://www.grainger.com/product/6C...ntly_Viewed-_-AZCART_67708&cm_vc=AZCART_67708

29DH50_AS01

Thank you for providing that info, I have wondered where they would fit on the bottom of the chassis, but could you show me where you have used these on your kraton? ie pics, just curious what they look like?

I'll try to get a picture at lunch. Check back here in about 4 hours. And these did not go on the bottom.

My best mod to make the Kraton tougher is the lexan body I use along with the home made chassis brace. Eliminating the wing and covering the rear shock tower was the best thing I ever did. The servo mount and steel gear servo was also very high on the list also. Third would be shimming all the diff internal gears. My eye is now on improving the shocks or shafts.....after some reading and researching, I think it's going to be a set of Tekno's with the gold colored 4mm shock shafts. The reason I list these things is because they were all steps taken after actually busting a part or bending a part. Each upgrade actually came from something that I damaged seeking out improvement or eliminating problems.
Can you show your body and the chassis brace you made

Check the MODIFICATION OF THE WEEKEND THREAD, in the Kraton Forum. He has lots of pictures there.

Don't read Modifications of the Weekend....All that says is to rebuild everything. Just run your Kraton, see what is weak, go from there. Have fun going slowly from stock to improved. You will be surprised what isn't needed. Chassis brace and Servo mount/servo that stuff seems necessary to me if you like jumping (who doesn't) . I like dpricenators chassis brace. Simple and effective. The Kraton is pretty good as is....only upgrade or mod if you feel like you can improve on something.

I did just look back at "Modifications of the Weekend"....that's some good toilet time reading. Fun stuff in that . :D

Last edited:
Rpm wing mount
Tbr wheelie bar and front basher bumper
Tbr mud guards
Front dirt guard and tall sideguards
Fast eddy bearings kit replaced all stock bearings and steering bushings
Gka servo mount & gka front+rear braces
Added cvd on rear
Shimmed all diffs (locked center by welding)
Tekno springs orange all around
Hr centerdiff carrier (arriving this week hopefully)
Two alu tubes between shock towers from mike foucart
Savox 1210sg servo

Here's my upgrade list:
  • shimmed diffs; necessary for 6s
  • changed diff oil: 100/200/50; drives like a different truck in a good way, highly recommend
  • Replaced tires with proline shockwaves
  • rpm front bumper, tbone rear bumper
  • tekno orange shock front and back
  • upgraded motor/esc to nero motor esc; huge difference when running 6s
  • GKA braces: front, back, servo
  • Outcast tall side/front gaurds
  • RPM body mounts
  • removed the wing mount; not a fan of truck wings
  • replaced body with raptor shell; personal preference
My top mods are the diff shim/oil change, nero motor/esc, braces and tires. Everything else is personal preference.1491436495955203125331.jpg 14914366156872100421596.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back