Talion What upgrades on your Tally?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how is the amazon servo? I just got a savox 1210 for the notorious and it pretty nice i must admit... gotta get a cheaper one for the talion...it is light with small tire anyway...

Awesome, thanks. I'll be running this in the spring/summer so outside temp is def a factor. I've read nothing but good things about that tornado fan, so it should keep me within suitable ranges. My buddy who ran that track with his Talion used a 15t but barely made it over the big doubles so hopefully 16t does the job without having to go up any :)

Seems both of you also shim your diffs. Did you do it just because the forums said to or because you noticed an actual issue without them?

Insurance, I am a strong proponent of preventive measures.

how is the amazon servo? I just got a savox 1210 for the notorious and it pretty nice i must admit... gotta get a cheaper one for the talion...it is light with small tire anyway...
One has been in the Typhon since August and the one in the Talion since October. Running includes yard bashing, and monthly test n tunes & club races at outdoor track. Both are still going strong with no issues so far. My 7yo runs the Typhon and I'm amazed the servo isn't dead yet from bouncing off walls, cartwheeling, wrecking, and I haven't been exactly kind to my car either. The only complaint is there's significant play at the drive spline, which I assume is from sub-par quality bearings w/ max clearance or maybe just the design. This adds a little more freeplay/slop out at the tires than I'd like but its holding together so I wont complain for the price point.

i have used jx in the past and it was good but i just got a new one and it came to me and i installed it and it was bad so im kind of over them right now... wanted to try a new cheapy... maybe ill give that one a try...thanks!

i have used jx in the past and it was good but i just got a new one and it came to me and i installed it and it was bad so im kind of over them right now... wanted to try a new cheapy... maybe ill give that one a try...thanks!
Yeah I don't want to steer anyone in the wrong direction, but so far both have been better than the originals as far as speed, power, & durability to this point.

Gratz on the 3rd!
Well there were only 3 of us w/ transponders in the main, but there was another guy with an Associated truggy who left before the mains and I was running times better than him. Also my times were good enough to run around 2nd compared to Nitro Truggy class. So I'm not pretending to be super awesome, but I am very pleased with the performance in mostly stock form and I'm also getting better.

Shimmed for cheap insurance and followed "group think" figuring there'd be minimal repercussions for being wrong. Never had a single breakage internally tho.

speaking of group think....contrary to popular practice, I've found that running heavier viscosity in the rear vs the front on the Talion makes a noticeable improvement in rotation under throttle and an increase in corner exit speed. For point and shoot bashing I can see why you may go with heavier front than rear, but for fastest lap times that hasn't been the case for me.
I run a similar setup for diffs. I wanted the rear to rotate a bit more under power. I run 10k front, 100k centre, and 50k rear. It works well although the Talion isn't as agile or tail happy as I would like.

Upgrades on my Talion:
Hobbywing Max8 ESC with turnigy 2000kv motor

Power HD Storm 4 HV servo

SRC Road Crusher tyres

GKA chassis braces

Hot racing centre diff casing

RPM arms all around

RPM front bumper and rear skid plate

Voltage servo mount

Hot racing aluminium diff case on the front

RPM wing mount
IMG_20190130_213710.jpg
IMG_20190130_213734.jpg
IMG_20190130_214027.jpg

I run a similar setup for diffs. I wanted the rear to rotate a bit more under power. I run 10k front, 100k centre, and 50k rear. It works well although the Talion isn't as agile or tail happy as I would like.
Up the center to 200k or preferably 500k and it will send more power to the rear allowing for more oversteer. On 6s running 10/500/30 I can drift the Talion on the street in a 20' circle hanging the backend out the whole way.

Up the center to 200k or preferably 500k and it will send more power to the rear allowing for more oversteer. On 6s running 10/500/30 I can drift the Talion on the street in a 20' circle hanging the backend out the whole way.
I might try that. I think the tyres actually provide too much grip since it is hard to drift unless the road is wet. Not too keen on the road crusher tyres as far as handling goes. They are great for speed runs though.

I just bought my Talion 6s a week ago used. Been out of RC for about 15 years and just getting back into it.
Upgraded Servo mount
B8 steering Servo
RPM Arms
RPM Skid Plates
Sanwa MT-4 Radio
AKA CityBlock tires
Tekno shocks
45wt front/ 40wt rear
3k rear/5k center/ 7k front diff oil

Im hitting mostly tracks as i don't have much for fields etc by me. Still experimenting with pinion gears and 4s batteries. Yesterday was my first day at the truck. started out with a 12t could barely clear the gaps. We went to a 20T pinion. It was night and day difference. I just installed a 19T but thinking 17t/18t will be better for what Im doing messing around at the track and possibly race if i wanted too in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back