Kraton What v4 parts should I add to my v3 Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmcgroggan3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Title pretty much says it.
I have a v3 Kraton I'm about to take possession of.
I already have..
M2c Chassis braces f/r
M2c Tower brace
Thrasher Bumper
RPM rear plate.... All ready to go on before first run.

Planning for the future
What did Arrma add to the v4 should I consider adding?? (I will mostley be adding as they break)

Considering;

Arrma Servo Saver (Jenny's has the whole bellcrank for $17)
Sliding engine mount (or M2c or HR)
Never pop ball ends
Did they do somthing to the Hex adapters and Hubs??

Anything else?

Appreciate

I’d get this motor mount if I were you.
However if you change the motor mount from a V3 to a V4 style, you will also have to change the center diff mount and top piece that holds the bearings and roof support.
That being said, it’s much easier to change the center diff with the V4 style mount. The mount I suggested also makes setting gear lash super easy!
https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/v4mount

Last edited:
I’d get this motor mount if I were you.
However if you change the motor mount from a V3 to a V4 style, you will also have to change the center diff mount and top piece that holds the bearings and roof support.
That being said, it’s much easier to change the center diff with the V4 style mount. The mount I suggested also makes setting gear lash super easy!
https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/v4mount
Yeah I was kinda concerned that changing the mount would not be as simple as "bolt on"
If I get the v4 one on Jenny's RC is everything included to match up?
$60 is a lot if everything is not included ?
What about the full M2c one, is everything I need included in that one? Think it's like $50

Any other v4 stuff I should grab from Jenny's?
Besides some Copperhead 2's or Backflips of course ??

The V4 from Jenny’s is the cheapest option, with every you need. Iirc there is a fitment issue with the roof support, might need one from a V4. The M2C is also a great option, but again same issue I think ?
Ether way it will be better than the V3.

The V4 from Jenny’s is the cheapest option, with every you need. Iirc there is a fitment issue with the roof support, might need one from a V4. The M2C is also a great option, but again same issue I think ?
Ether way it will be better than the V3.
Thanks man.
I'm beginning to think I should have gone with a v4 and get a new radio?? Though I did get the v3 for $450 plus tax.
Might just get the v4 mount as I don't mind the plastic involved as some give at points I would assume is a good thing?

Anything else I should grab from the v4 from Jenny's??
Servo saver and steering bellcrank?... This included the "never pop" ball ends.?? Sounds like a good upgrade to include the new servo save + ball ends all together with the bellcrank... Not sure anything else for v4 included there.
Thoughts

Anyone out there move the v4 bellcrank from Jenny's (Servo Saver and Never Pop ball ends included) over to their v3 Kraton?.....any benefits to this??

Anyone out there move the v4 bellcrank from Jenny's (Servo Saver and Never Pop ball ends included) over to their v3 Kraton?.....any benefits to this??
You might get some benefit from the ball ends not popping all the time when they start to wear out. The new servo saver has so much loctite it will never come loose even if you are trying to take it apart ? Plus you will have some spare parts and stuff form your originals.

Spare tires are also good to have, just make sure to vent them.

You might get some benefit from the ball ends not popping all the time when they start to wear out. The new servo saver has so much loctite it will never come loose even if you are trying to take it apart ? Plus you will have some spare parts and stuff form your originals.

Spare tires are also good to have, just make sure to vent them.
I'm really starting to think the $100 I saved was not worth it, only thing wrong with the v4 is the radio...cheap fixes out there for that

I'm really starting to think the $100 I saved was not worth it, only thing wrong with the v4 is the radio...cheap fixes out there for that
I’ve got well over $1000 into my V4 with all things considered so...
If that makes you feel any better. ?‍♂️

I had the HR motor mount since V1 simply because it allows to easily remove/change the motor and access pinion where the old style motor mounting requires taking a LOT of stuff apart. Also easy to set mesh. It seems Arrma and others adopted a design similar to the HR mount that's been around a long time.

I’ve got well over $1000 into my V4 with all things considered so...
If that makes you feel any better. ?‍♂️
Kinda does :p

I haven't even run mine and I have $150 not counting the batteries and charger.

Just watched Duperbash's v4 unboxing and he pointed out a few other things Arrma changed with the v4 that were not even mentioned on the box...little things that annoy me mine does not have :mad:
.......little changes with the wing mount and the front bulkhead/steering? ....maybe more :mad::mad::mad:

As far as the V4 servo saver setup, Arrma says it's "never loose" that's because it's not adjustable, some say it's "always loose". I had a lot of trouble with the original style servo saver working loose. I think some loctite on the bottom nut that sets the spring tension would fix that.

Kinda does :p

I haven't even run mine and I have $150 not counting the batteries and charger.

Just watched Duperbash's v4 unboxing and he pointed out a few other things Arrma changed with the v4 that were not even mentioned on the box...little things that annoy me mine does not have :mad:
.......little changes with the wing mount and the front bulkhead/steering? ....maybe more :mad::mad::mad:

The latest tires look far superior tread to previous versions too. I don't have experience, just going on looks, they look more similar to the Backflip tires, which I would swap onto a Kraton ASAP, unless those new Copperhead tires on the V4 are decently similar.

The V4 has a better motor mount and tires. It has a worse radio and servo saver. The center brace is better left off. The never pop ball ends are nice but you can do the same thing with an e-clip on the V3. The pillow ball retainers still suck. Don't beat yourself up. You did fine ?

The V4 has a better motor mount and tires. It has a worse radio and servo saver. The center brace is better left off. The never pop ball ends are nice but you can do the same thing with an e-clip on the V3. The pillow ball retainers still suck. Don't beat yourself up. You did fine ?
Wow.... I feel like my dad just patted me on my back... Feel so much better now.
No really ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back