Outcast What version of the outcast is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerbil

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello can you please take a look at these pictures and tell me what version of the outcast this is, and how it differs from the newest model?

Attachments

• 18C65D0C-8B75-420B-8B85-981FFE610E0E.jpeg
    18C65D0C-8B75-420B-8B85-981FFE610E0E.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 83
  • ADF7F6A2-5775-4E19-8915-440DAC8285FE.jpeg
    ADF7F6A2-5775-4E19-8915-440DAC8285FE.jpeg
    279.2 KB · Views: 71
Hello can you please take a look at these pictures and tell me what version of the outcast this is, and how it differs from the newest model?
I believe it is last years model as it does not have the plastic shock protectors on the top of the front shocks. For the new version they beefed up the servo mount, diff housings, different radio box and went to 4mm shock shafts. There are probably other minor things they changed but those are the things I know of. There are better aftermarket servo mounts and diff housings available, the radio box I believe works on the older chassis, but I'm not sure and the shocks you could either get Tekno shocks or new version take offs when they are available again if you wanted to upgrade the stuff on yours, but you probably don't need to.

Just to note a few other changes to the shocks between the new 2018 and previous version.

-Updated 4mm shafts vs 3.5mm at all 4 corners

-Shock caps lengthened to offer more threads both front and rear

-Shock body dimensions stayed the same but the 2018 version has the body threaded down quite a bit further to offer more preload adjustment.

-springs both front and rear were updated to offer noticeably more length and spring rate.
2018 front springs are 85mm (6.2lb/in.) -vs- 75mm (88 gf/mm)
2018 rear springs are 95mm (5.0lb/in.) -vs- 84mm (72 gf/mm)

Thank you for the detail. Definitely sounds like the new shocks are an improvement.

I just bought this truck on eBay since I couldn't find new ones available anywhere. I've just gone through and cleaned out all the gears and differentials. I also ordered an upgraded servo mount, and chassis brace.

It's missing one shock spring cup. The arrma part is unavailable, would anyone know if there is another brand I could use? Otherwise I suppose I'll need to buy completely new shocks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back