Outcast What version outcast is this ? Please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewToRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello new to rc I bought a arrma outcast 4s and 6s.. I bought the 4s brand new 2 weeks ago .. and the 6s 3 days ago for 100 bucks off market place still runs ! I just don’t know what version it is can some one help please and is it worth upgrading ? I really just wanted it to have all the outcast 4s 6s and 8s but would like to bash it as well

B850F416-C043-4934-A388-A1F7C6DF1AFB.jpeg

01EC0266-2BB2-4734-BD39-FCD12A60C5A9.jpeg

498B6D52-E2F4-431C-A6C2-49E44C2AEF3F.jpeg

If I did I didn’t mean too 👍🏻
No worries, I figured that possibility. It’s a nice find though, as I mentioned in the other post. Heard many good things about the old blx motor compared to the spectrum one.

It's a V3. I can tell by the motor mount and shock stand offs.
Technically it's a V2 as the V1 Outcast was released after the V2 of the other models, but it's V3 specs when compared to the other models. The Outcast is 1 version behind everything else and the Notorious is 3. There has only been 4 versions of the Outcast 6s, V1 was released in 2016, V2 in 2017, V3 in 2019 then the EXB was the last version. Notorious was released in 2018, revised in 2019 then again with the V5 models.

Last edited:
^^ Yup, he's right. I wanted to say the same thing, but I didn't want to get too technical. The Outcast didn't exist when the Kraton V1 was released. When the Kraton V2 was released the first version (V1) of the Outcast was released.

Interesting Fact : When the Outcast V1 was released it had the current battery straping system. The Kraton V2, Typhon V2, Talion V2, and Senton V2 at the time, still had the old style battery tray.

^^ Yup, he's right. I wanted to say the same thing, but I didn't want to get too technical. The Outcast didn't exist when the Kraton V1 was released. When the Kraton V2 was released the first version (V1) of the Outcast was released.

Interesting Fact : When the Outcast V1 was released it had the current battery straping system. The Kraton V2, Typhon V2, Talion V2, and Senton V2 at the time, still had the old style battery tray.
The Typhon is going to be 9 years old in November.

Technically it's a V2 as the V1 Outcast was released after the V2 of the other models, but it's V3 specs when compared to the other models. The Outcast is 1 version behind everything else and the Notorious is 3. There has only been 4 versions of the Outcast 6s, V1 was released in 2016, V2 in 2017, V3 in 2019 then the EXB was the last version. Notorious was released in 2018, revised in 2019 then again with the V5 models.
This is exactly what I was told at the rc shop it’s a v2 with v3 specs… Only thing it needs is rear differential is what the shop said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back