What was your first rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
This was mine as a yute . Not the actual picture of it but just like it
48BB7333-1BEB-48E5-A546-353908DC7333.jpeg

Mine was Traxxas Stampede with a servo driven mechanical speedo.

That Yute is is neat!

Radio Shack Hurricane or maybe even one slightly older than that.

In the mid 80s I got a Nikko Jeep. Little brown thing that was pretty much only suited to on road driving. Then I got a Nikko King Crusher 4WD 4WS that was slow but could go lots of places.
Started the slippery slow of hobby grade RC in 94 with a Tamiya Super Hornet, last time I was brave enough to count there are now 34 cars in the garage from HPI, Cen, HSP, Tamiya, Kyosho and most importantly... Arrma.

Last edited:
Radio Shack Golden Arrow
tandygoldenarrow006.jpg

My older brothers got it for me when I was 10 or 11 for Christmas. It lasted about 4 minutes as I didn't know you couldn't run it in the snow. Got wet, fried, didn't see it again for 2-3 months. Hit a wall the 2nd time I ran it (took off in the house) and it killed the radio, would only go about 5 feet from me from that point on.

My first "hobby grade" RC was about 13 years later around 2001 I think, Losi XXX-NT RTR. This was after 2 years, many arms, sooooo many shock towers and on my second engine, OS 15-cvr(x):
2003-0107-XXX-NT-BodyOn-side.jpg

If I had known better, I would have gotten an RC10GT, then I could have run RPM arms/towers on it and saved so many broken days.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back