What was your first rc car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An original 1986 Tamiya Blackfoot of course.

233213A3-503F-4BD0-B752-CB0B41EFD850.jpeg

501A2C3F-C02C-4A5A-A272-BAA6FD824BDD.jpeg

0BDC5416-A710-4EDE-B0E4-533B6FE74F37.jpeg

The FROG!!! I was hooked after that and started to build planes from scratch… balsa baby!! I didn’t get back into RC trucks until around 2000-2001 and it was a TMaxx… Man, what memories!

First hobby grade car or any car? My first hobby grade car was a senton 3s. but my very first car,(Not hobby grade, at all) I think, was a thunder tumbler. they are like 10 dollars from walmart and they cant even barely go over a pair of pants or a shirt on the ground.

Just remembered that this was my very first remote controlled car. I found this picture online. But I remember getting it for Christmas back in 1985 or 86. It was so slow. It ran on batteries in the remote. I also remember making the lights flicker and blink while thinking about the scene at the end of Back to the Future when Marty was trying to start the Delorean and the headlights were flickering. The motors could barely open the headlight covers. I don't remember playing with it for very long before I got bored with it. I had many other cheap smaller rc cars after that. Ones that only went forward in a straight line and would turn in one direction in reverse. Wow, have we come a long way.
Screenshot_20211126-101749_Chrome.jpg

Just remembered that this was my very first remote controlled car. I found this picture online. But I remember getting it for Christmas back in 1985 or 86. It was so slow. It ran on batteries in the remote. I also remember making the lights flicker and blink while thinking about the scene at the end of Back to the Future when Marty was trying to start the Delorean and the headlights were flickering. The motors could barely open the headlight covers. I don't remember playing with it for very long before I got bored with it. I had many other cheap smaller rc cars after that. Ones that only went forward in a straight line and would turn in one direction in reverse. Wow, have we come a long way.
nice ferrare

Going to show my age here but Kyosho Icarus was my first closely followed by the Kyosho Turbo optima mid SE which I actually just dusted off and ran for the first time in 30 years!! It ran with a few electronics mods. Posted up a video. Love this car.
85C8BFFA-5672-44ED-B15D-B032BD73A882.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back