What was your first RC Ever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud Creek RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Bit of nostalgia going on here-
What was the first RC you ever owned?
Do you still have it?
How old were you/what year was it? I'd love to hear about it!!
If you have a picture of your RC post it!
Mine was a Hornet - got it new in the late 80's -ordered it C.O.D. from an ad in an RC magazine.
Wish I had a picture of it but rarely took pictures back then - unlike today where we can take thousands per year/month!
Have fun with this thread!

I got the Nikko Turbo Panther for xmas 88, I was 9. Absolutely loved the thing and ran it for a couple of years with various parts glued back together! I still have it in its box although it has a broken front arm.

I recently ran my old Nikko Rhino for the first time in a bout 25 years and it ran great......for about 6 mins on the old battery! Heres a pic of an old Tamiya and the Rhino next to my Notorious.

Attachments

• 7D0CCDF8-F882-4AD2-8B52-8796CBA70FC8.jpeg
    7D0CCDF8-F882-4AD2-8B52-8796CBA70FC8.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 83
Mine was one of these bad boys. I’m not sure how
old I was, maybe 6-7 but I loved that thing. I’d flip it off of walls and keep going. I still believe it was a great idea and if someone made a hobby grade one of these, I’d buy it in a heartbeat!

Attachments

• 2E7FB9EB-3ABD-4244-B4A1-568AF3DB43E8.png
    2E7FB9EB-3ABD-4244-B4A1-568AF3DB43E8.png
    867.6 KB · Views: 81
My first hobby grade is a Traxxas Bigfoot I got in 2017. It was my only RC until I got a Kraton 6s yesterday.

I had several toy RCs when I was a kid. I don’t remember the specifics of any of them except for one. The Tyco Fast Traxx. I wish they still made them. I’d love to own one again. That thing was a blast!

1590939074042.jpeg

Last edited:
Bit of nostalgia going on here-
What was the first RC you ever owned?
Do you still have it?
How old were you/what year was it? I'd love to hear about it!!
If you have a picture of your RC post it!
Mine was a Hornet - got it new in the late 80's -ordered it C.O.D. from an ad in an RC magazine.
Wish I had a picture of it but rarely took pictures back then - unlike today where we can take thousands per year/month!
Have fun with this thread!
I think my parents sold it at a garage sale after I moved out (along with all my hot wheels, gi joe and transformers) I got in trouble for crazy gluing beer caps onto it to give it “sponsorship”. No pics of it but it was pic related, Sears special.

Attachments

• 88850A2E-6EE6-4E22-84A4-8E80C518BCE2.jpeg
    88850A2E-6EE6-4E22-84A4-8E80C518BCE2.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 71
One year for Christmas my two brothers and I all got traxxas hawks. We ran the snot outta them and raced at the local speed shops. Back then it wasn’t so hard to find rc tracks. We upgraded them with “slot machine” motors and had custom painted bodies with my dads company logo on them. The good ole days for sure.

I think my parents sold it at a garage sale after I moved out (along with all my hot wheels, gi joe and transformers) I got in trouble for crazy gluing beer caps onto it to give it “sponsorship”. No pics of it but it was pic related, Sears special.
I have the same buggy got it in 86 or 87 and still have it today just need's rear tire's

All the RC cars I had as a kid were toys r us or radio shack cars, never had a serious hobby grade one until I got my Arrmas as of last year.

I've had a lot but these two are the only ones I can remember. Tyco Wild Thing buggy and Tyco Hammer truck. Each was 9.6v and we had both the 27mhz and 49mhz version so me and my little brother could always race and bash together.

Tyco-Rc-Turbo-Hopper-Wild-Thing-Heads-UP.jpg

3f3c9573445fd782c0e6004cdfe83546.jpg

First radio controlled was a knight rider from the mid 80s don't remember make
Killed it driving down stairs.
First hobby grade was a kyosho Lazer alpha from 1992 awesome belt driven 4wd.
Still have it. Kind of tempted to give it a brushless upgrade. But seems disrespectful to the old girl.
Kyosho-Lazer-Alpha-Box~2.jpg

Don't miss the scorching hot resistor and heat sink.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back