What was your first RC Ever?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tamiya Grasshopper...

15909516587328281109831849487650.jpg

I bought and raced the Team Associated RC10T and T2. Had the Novak rooster esc in that thing. Fun times. I still remember painting the body but alas I no longer have it.
I think ventured into pan cars. Woods X13!!! I can only find one website that even references that car. Crazy how time flies and things change.

I don't know exactly what my first rc was. But I do know it had a mechanical speed control in it. When my dad connected the battery it took off down the road with my dad following after it swearing the entire way until the buggy ran into a car. My first rc that I know the name of was a Traxxas bandit

Last edited:
That was my buddys vehicle of choice back then. Spit out dogbones practically after every jump.
I must've been really lucky. We would take them to the parking garages, up camping, some tiny lil dirt areas and
Awesome you still have it, my family always found a way to get rid of our stuff, 4 kids will do that for you lol.
That I do! I couldn't get rid of it even if I was on the streets! To much history with it now! ?

My first was technically this Fisher Price. It dates back to 1992, so I was 4 or 5 at the time. I think it was sold / given away.
s-l1600.jpg

It was followed by a Nikko Neon Panther 2. Probably still in dad's attic. I think the only thing broken was the battery retaining door.
Nikko-Neon-Panther-2-Chassis.jpg

Next up was my Radio Shack Flashtron 2. That one is definitely still in dad's attic. It was my last RC of my childhood. It said "off road" but 2WD with an open differential meant it got stuck a lot, and that bummed me out. I thought about buying a Radio Shack 4x4 model, but was too cheap, and decided against it, because I worried I would get bored of it quickly.

5777749775_bfe5b9777c.jpg

As a child in the 1980's I always remember my cousin (who is a couple years older) having cool RC cars like the Tamiya Fox (not sure if that is the model, but they were similar buggies) and I always wanted one. My first one I got was probably around Christmas 1992, it was a Radio Shack Lamborghini Countach similar to this:

lambo.jpg

It was a quick little thing right out of the box on D batteries! I loved it, but that thing broke the second day I had it. When I returned it to Radio Shack they were out of the Lamborghini so I had to get this monster truck, Sonic Thunder:

truck.jpg

Needless to say, Sonic Thunder was nowhere near as cool as the Lamborghini. It went untouched days after getting it.

Fast forward 13 years and I am an adult, Radio Shack had come out with Xmods and I picked up this Infiniti G35:

g35.jpg

I put about every mod they sold on it. Then when I was moving out of an ex-girlfriend's place she ended up stealing it.

Then last month a friend of mine showed up with a Typhon 3s and that's when it started again. Now I have a Kraton 6s and a Slash Ultimate 4x4.

Ya, after a cheapo Porsche 944 that went about 1 mph, I got a Grasshopper. That was about 1985 ish. Used to super glue strips of bike inner tubes to the back tires for tread after they so bald you could almost see thru them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back