Kraton What weight diff oil do you call this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harv666

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Shes been run 4 times with 6s packs with nothing but problems. Thought I’d see what was in the diff oil wise. Thoughts?

Attachments

• F9887CC0-B1D6-47FC-8046-335534D79B33.jpeg
    F9887CC0-B1D6-47FC-8046-335534D79B33.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 391
Manual for the K6s shows F/R diffs using 10k, center diff uses 100k weight oils. It does look like there isn't much in there, it should normally be almost full to the top of the cup.

I replaced all diffs w alumin. As long as ur sealed properly the oil stays in and turns a grayish color from the metal gears. Mine looked like that after a dozen runs when new until the center diff gave out.

Shes been run 4 times with 6s packs with nothing but problems. Thought I’d see what was in the diff oil wise. Thoughts?
That's armma for you! There qc is crap. Just swap it out for better stuf. I use 500k in center 50k in rear and 70k up front. And yes after a few runs it will turn grayish silver from the powdered metal gears wearing.

I don’t see a gasket? Did you remove it? Or was it missing? Or am I blind ????‍♂️

nah you can see the slight grayish brown color of it on his gear, it's there.
Idk why I was looking for the green one. That’s the color of the 3S gaskets. I have only had my 6S diffs open once so far.

this is totally what happened? Can i use it torn in the meantime? what else can that be replaced with?
You can re use as long as it's not complete borked, but I recomend ordering new ones right away and a few for spares. Your difs will leak a tiny bit but atleast you can keep going until the new gaskets come to you. You can try an rtv gasket glue, but I have no experience using it on my difs. Or if you feel confident you can go to hardware store for gasket paper and trace out and make your own.
this is totally what happened? Can i use it torn in the meantime? what else can that be replaced with?
Tekno ones are good(y)

You can re use as long as it's not complete borked, but I recomend ordering new ones right away and a few for spares. Your difs will leak a tiny bit but atleast you can keep going until the new gaskets come to you. You can try an rtv gasket glue, but I have no experience using it on my difs. Or if you feel confident you can go to hardware store for gasket paper and trace out and make your own.

Tekno ones are good(y)
Tekjo not Tekno?

Hmm that looks like bare metal to me ??‍♂️

Gasket is present: There are slight indentations in the gasket left by the diff cup’s tombstone slots.

1CDF4F99-1E8B-47D9-99C5-B9E43D3C625C.jpeg

Last edited:
Unless if some of the oil has been emptied out already, is looks very low! I would shim it, grease up the o-rings and replace the gasket before you top it up

I always keep a pack or 2 of spare gaskets for this exact reason ? I've even doubled up on them before too

The new EXB diff design looks better and the gaskets look like they won't split at the screw holes as often

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back