What wheel size is the biggest you can install on the Typhon 3s BLX without damaging any of the parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeCabardo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
7D45EC12-783D-4BDB-ABB2-92B9E7ABC9F9.jpeg

Difficult to say. You're essentially gearing it up quite a bit and may have ESC/motor heat issues. The additional unsprung weight and grip may break parts that hold the wheel on. Only way to find out is to test it.

2.8MT tires should be fine, the typhon stock pinion is 15T which is the same as the granite with same size tires. If it runs hot then try gearing down to a 13T pinion.

I agree with @suchtragedy ☝️.. you should be plenty fine with a 2.8..?.. I also agree with @Jackjax801 on the heat.. just keep an eye on the temps for a few runs to be sure.. ✌

I have tried to run 3.8 tires like the 4S trucks, and they do work up to a point, but it’s not really a great experience IMO. Here are some issues:

- On a full turn the tires may hit the body
- On a landing the chassis won’t slap so something may break
- You will overheat faster
- Wheelies are annoyingly easy, too hard to get any speed
- It looks goofy (see below)

F311D88F-11BA-4E09-A246-FAF432810F5A.jpeg

If, I am bashing I run the Lock Up skins and run a 20t pinion w/ no heat issues what so ever!!
6s Typhon Shocks.jpeg

My Speedruns - I run the hoons with a 26t pinion and I have installed a Yeah Racing Aluminum Case 30mm Booster Cooling Fan which has kept my temps in check!
Typhon slammed.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back