Granite What wheels for extended Granite with Typhoon arms 17mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eclipe720

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Just got done swapping typhon arms to a granite along with the 17mm hubs. What tires would work well? I'm usually in grass most of the time. I've been looking at the Duratrax six pack mt belted 2.8 17mm.
Thanks!

If your not planning on doing speed runs or high speed stuff I'd stay away from the belted tires. They are a lot heavier and only real benefit with belted tires is less ballooning IMO. Get the six packs unbelted and vent them will be same tire and tread it will save stress on the servo, motor and electronics and will probably handle better as well being a lot lighter than belted. This is just my opinion, but again less weight means less work everything has to do.

If your not planning on doing speed runs or high speed stuff I'd stay away from the belted tires. They are a lot heavier and only real benefit with belted tires is less ballooning IMO. Get the six packs unbelted and vent them will be same tire and tread it will save stress on the servo, motor and electronics and will probably handle better as well being a lot lighter than belted. This is just my opinion, but again less weight means less work everything has to do.
I'm coming from the stock db fortress, and those ripped for some reason. I did go with the HW 3200kv and max10sct combo so I'm not sure if that was the issue. They would balloon pretty hard which made me lean towards belted. Would badlands work? I don't do speed runs and grass is where I'm at and control is what I want.

As long as they are the smaller 2.8 size I think they should do fine. Also not sure what size pinion your running I know if I ran the 20t my tires would turn to pizza cutters so I run the 15t plenty of speed and power and no cogging.

As long as they are the smaller 2.8 size I think they should do fine. Also not sure what size pinion your running I know if I ran the 20t my tires would turn to pizza cutters so I run the 15t plenty of speed and power and no cogging.
I'm running a 17t. Yeah the 2.8 is what I'm sticking too. Thanks!

Edough13 is right,bigger HEAVIER tires will destroy rear diffs.on 1/10 lineup I stripped rear ring an pinion the most.an typhon stretch will cause more axles to break. I learned by not maxing out travel on suspension you will break less axles.ive try numerous different motors.4068-2650kv is the s***.torque ?high rpms?stays cool?light weight 40mm?cheap$?I BURNED MY FIRST ONE UP RUNNING ON 6S.MOTOR HAS 16.8VOLTS MAX.THIS NEW ONE WILL STAY ON 4S.LOL THEY ARE ON AMAZON PRIME RIGHT NOW FOR 40$.3 DAY SHIPPING.senton ran 78mph with this motor with blx185 esc an 26t.truck kept going airborne. Would have went over 80 if it stayed planted.

Screenshot_20201108-151143_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108-151210_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20201108-151515_Amazon Shopping.jpg

20200920_100936.jpg

Edough13 is right,bigger HEAVIER tires will destroy rear diffs.on 1/10 lineup I stripped rear ring an pinion the most.an typhon stretch will cause more axles to break. I learned by not maxing out travel on suspension you will break less axles.ive try numerous different motors.4068-2650kv is the s***.torque ?high rpms?stays cool?light weight 40mm?cheap$?I BURNED MY FIRST ONE UP RUNNING ON 6S.MOTOR HAS 16.8VOLTS MAX.THIS NEW ONE WILL STAY ON 4S.LOL THEY ARE ON AMAZON PRIME RIGHT NOW FOR 40$.3 DAY SHIPPING.senton ran 78mph with this motor with blx185 esc an 26t.truck kept going airborne. Would have went over 80 if it stayed planted.

View attachment 108477

View attachment 108478

View attachment 108479

View attachment 108480
Something to consider if I decide to run on the street. I cant image that set up will hold up in grass without melting!

Best motor all around for 1/10.imo. the 40 mm cans give you way more torque in the 4068 is the lightest 40 mm can you can get it.w 16-20t.i run mine with a 22t.i mostly run on street out front & park next to my house. Gear up or down to your driving Style.22t on 4s is 55+mph an stay cool with fans throu grass.just put one in senton and ordered another for big rock

Screenshot_20201108-154352_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back