Outcast What will cause a drop in acceleration (outside of battery)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnus_CA

Reaction score
Was jumping my Outcast last weekend and noticed it's lost some zip. Although I know the battery will be the root cause for a drop in acceleration 9 times out of 10 my battery was topped off and I take care of it. It's probably only seen 10-12 charge/discharge cycles, same as my truck.

Although I'm not ready to rule out my battery being the problem I'm wondering what else might cause it.

Driveshaft wear?
Pinion/Spur mesh or lost tooth?
Dirty/worn wheel bearings?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Like you said, probably the battery. If batteries are good, I would check the things you listed and diff fluids, bearings

My gear teeth are all there and I've upgraded most of my bearings recently. Mesh seems OK too.

I haven't opened my diffs yet but I wouldn't have guessed they would cause a drop in acceleration. I've been avoiding it because I'm bummed that Duperbash has bought up all the TD Planetary Shims. Lol.

Have you tried recalibrating your controller to your esc? Or check if you accidentally trimmed your throttle?

Have you tried recalibrating your controller to your esc? Or check if you accidentally trimmed your throttle?

I'll take a look at ESC. Throttle trim won't affect top end speed, just the neutral point of the throttle, afaik.

I'll take a look at ESC. Throttle trim won't affect top end speed, just the neutral point of the throttle, afaik.

I meant the throttle end points. You may have accidentally adjusted it while driving it. I know it's in the manual somewhere. You will need to use the two little buttons on the handle of the controller. It may have been adjusted to a lower percentage of the throttle.

I meant the throttle end points. You may have accidentally adjusted it while driving it. I know it's in the manual somewhere. You will need to use the two little buttons on the handle of the controller. It may have been adjusted to a lower percentage of the throttle.

How do you set throttle endpoints? Do I just want to raise it to max?

How do you set throttle endpoints? Do I just want to raise it to max?

In the Kraton manual it's page 24. Not sure about the Outcast manual (I built a SWB Kraton). I never changed mine. I would just set it to max.

I had a crapped out bearing on the rear of the front diff case caused a slight drop in acceleration

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back