Big Rock What would be a good pinnion to upgrade for speed runs on BRcc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King blitz

Don't just modify . customize .
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Vendetta
  5. Infraction 4x4
I'm looking to go the next step in gearing on my big rock BLX v3 3s .I'm running stock now and I want to upgrade the pinnion up a little.not a lot to the point I have to change the stock spur right now.i just want a little more boost.i believe stock is a 15 tooth.

I don't use stock.just when I bought it new 4 months ago .I have the buggy duratrax and hoons 107s and slicks

IMG_20220902_214050625.jpg

IMG_20220829_202508638.jpg

These are the slicks..I haven't got into the fans yet because I don't have any heating issues yet.lol I'm sure I will when I run a bigger pinnion.so as for the pinnion is 20t the next step up from stock best or shouldn't I try a lower tooth and take it up eventually to the 20? And for fans what would you suggest.

IMG_20220904_180216459.jpg

I'm still running stock motor and esc .which at the moment I'm happy with I changed the spur gear to a steel one 57 tooth I believe.and a HR motor mount.i removed all the stock grease from the diffs and put in new Lucas sticky red grease high temp.only because we use it back at the shop and it's allways available.so far the fastest I've hit was 54 mph and I'd like to hit 60 next with a pinnion mod .if possible.im not a expert this is why I'm asking and I need help to achieve my BR build to hit 100mph .I just want a pinnion that's safe for what I got so far.i will move up to 4 s and obviously motor and esc but that's after I see what I can push on this stock electronics.i have also upgraded my servo to 25 kg because the stock gave out last week.i live near a dead airport and that is where me and my co workers and friends go to do speed runs.

Last edited:
I just bought a 16t pinion while replacing my spur gear and I can definitely notice a difference. I haven't had the chance to check my top speed but I can tell it'll definitely be better then it was. I have t had any overheating issues either so that's a good sign.

I just bought a 16t pinion while replacing my spur gear and I can definitely notice a difference. I haven't had the chance to check my top speed but I can tell it'll definitely be better then it was. I have t had any overheating issues either so that's a good
I think I'll buy 16 to 20 and try all of them and do what senton prime suggests to get a beefier cooling fans ..but I need someone to tell me which ones are recommended for my set up.
I need cooling fans that won't burn out my esc power.

What steering linkage / parts are those. Looks much better then mine.
Thx.i bought these on eBay from some hobby shop in u.k .I believe they were 19 with shipping.pretty cheap .they work a lot better than stock.but if you get them you'll need to use shims . without the shims you'll still have slop.but as much as stock did.
Thx.i bought these on eBay from some hobby shop in u.k .I believe they were 19 with shipping.pretty cheap .they work a lot better than stock.but if you get them you'll need to use shims . without the shims you'll still have slop.but as much as stock did.
Don't buy the ones from china .they won't fit .I already made that mistake.i had to use stock turn buckles because they don't make them for the v3 models.only for older BRcc
Show pics so I can see yours.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back