Talion What would you do EXB vs M2C

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ross_jsy

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
Hey guys

The last time I took my Talion out to the skatepark I bent the standard chassis like a taco. One of the worst bends I have seen.

So my plan was to go for an m2c chassis, braces, shock towers and standoffs like my Outcast. But then I found this just as I was about to order:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204218134709?epid=14040360031&hash=item2f8c5970b5:g:TFsAAOSwzYNjxqvB

Which is less than the price of the m2c chassis alone. I had been put off the EXB chassis, but saw a comment by @razorrc saying he hadn't bent them like the standard chassis and it has got me tempted to save a few quid, plus build a Talion/Kraton hybrid.

So if it was your money, m2c or EXB?

Cheers

Ross

Do you have the non-EXB Talion? with plastic braces? if so i would definitly go the EXB route (plus the braces). it's much stronger than the old v4 chassis.
Yes, the plan always was to replace with m2c when that time came (and it came on the second run lol) but now I am looking down the barrel of a couple hundred quid on what was meant to be a cheap back up I am trying to decide if its worth it

How much is the M2C in the UK?

"Durability" is a mix of driving skill, vehicle toughness, and bash location. If you're lacking in 2 of the 3, you're going to have to spend a lot of money on the 3rd.

How much is the M2C in the UK?

"Durability" is a mix of driving skill, vehicle toughness, and bash location. If you're lacking in 2 of the 3, you're going to have to spend a lot of money on the 3rd.
£130 as Brian said, then £63 for front and rear braces making that EXB mid section quite a tempting.

I am certainly lacking in driving skill, that's for sure :D

That EXB chassis bundle isn't too bad a price, but I'd still get the M2C stuff.
Most of the EXB parts are pretty :poop: and made from chinesium metal, there's no way it's 7075 and this has been talked about many times on this forum ..!! Also the EXB chassis braces aren't even tabbed/keyed into the chassis o_O:mad::(

That EXB chassis bundle isn't too bad a price, but I'd still get the M2C stuff.
Most of the EXB parts are pretty :poop: and made from chinesium metal, there's no way it's 7075 and this has been talked about many times on this forum ..!! Also the EXB chassis braces aren't even tabbed/keyed into the chassis o_O:mad::(
Cheers for spending the thick end of 200 quid for me Brian!

Whatever you did to bend the stock chassis like a taco is probably going to bend anything, it would absolutely bend the exb, M2C is certainly much better though
My m2c chassis on my Outcast had survived 2 battery packs at the skatepark. My Talion wasn't bought for the big sends but turns out it flies really well. Anyway same jump I hit repeatedly with the Outcast, it came down on all 4's (admittedly on the uphill transition of a quarter pipe) and that was game over for the chassis.

I have a feeling it would have faired a lot better if it had aluminium braces. I saw the plastic fly out from the body shell as the rear brace exploded where it meets the chassis.

Or, use the stunt truck I built for abuse at the skatepark and leave the Talion for car park ripping would be the sensible choice as I can't imagine the smaller shocks and towers help, but like I said, it just flies too good!

Whatever you did to bend the stock chassis like a taco is probably going to bend anything, it would absolutely bend the exb, M2C is certainly much better though
This is exactly what I was going to say!! Look at Kevs newest sledge video, he totals a m2c chassis. If you hit right nothing will survive.

This is exactly what I was going to say!! Look at Kevs newest sledge video, he totals a m2c chassis. If you hit right nothing will survive.
I mean I was hitting the exact same ramp half the afternoon with the Outcast, the only reason I hit it with the Talion is a double backflip went wrong, it landed upside down on the uphill transition (so exact same as the Talion, but upside down, spinning from a double flip) and that was retired as it broke a shock stand off and I had none on me.

So yes, I am fairly sure an m2c chassis would survive as I go there often

Cheers for spending the thick end of 200 quid for me Brian!

My m2c chassis on my Outcast had survived 2 battery packs at the skatepark. My Talion wasn't bought for the big sends but turns out it flies really well. Anyway same jump I hit repeatedly with the Outcast, it came down on all 4's (admittedly on the uphill transition of a quarter pipe) and that was game over for the chassis.

I have a feeling it would have faired a lot better if it had aluminium braces. I saw the plastic fly out from the body shell as the rear brace exploded where it meets the chassis.

Or, use the stunt truck I built for abuse at the skatepark and leave the Talion for car park ripping would be the sensible choice as I can't imagine the smaller shocks and towers help, but like I said, it just flies too good!
Yeah I mean like I said anything is better than what you had but skateparks hurt and have the potential to really hurt. I would go M2C simply because you will end up there in the long run so might as well save the money that you would blow on EXB

Yeah I mean like I said anything is better than what you had but skateparks hurt and have the potential to really hurt. I would go M2C simply because you will end up there in the long run so might as well save the money that you would blow on EXB
That's kinda the roundabout question I was getting to. Is it a buy cheap buy twice situation. Settled on m2c.

And tell me about it. Weird things break coming down high onto concrete!

I mean I was hitting the exact same ramp half the afternoon with the Outcast, the only reason I hit it with the Talion is a double backflip went wrong, it landed upside down on the uphill transition (so exact same as the Talion, but upside down, spinning from a double flip) and that was retired as it broke a shock stand off and I had none on me.

So yes, I am fairly sure an m2c chassis would survive as I go there often
I gotcha, and agreed with you and others you will upgrade to the m2c eventually anyway!! On that hit instead of a taco shape "V" you will just have a right angle shape "L" haha

I wanna see this chassis, props on that one Sir!!! Also tacos rule!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back