What would you like to see on V4 Arrmas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customizable trucks. For example, order a stock kraton with outcast (backflips) tires. Or, a typhon with truggified A-Arms/tires. There are too many customizable features to name off. Most importantly though, having a built in gps speedometer, voltage meter, ESC programming card, rpm meter, temperature guages on motor and esc, and a smart wifi controller system like Traxxas (LOLOLOLOL- don't do this you'll get sued again by those haters). Vent tires from the outside/not inside. A tower to tower brace would also be a very cheap and easy upgrade for Kraton/Talion. All of these upgrades I've mentioned would cost maybe $20-30 which most people would definitely pay for! Lastly, shock towers should have more travel for dampening. Even without any of these upgrades Arrma is my favorite by a long shot, amazing products and ok customer support. Still waiting on an 8s basher!!! Like a slightly larger Kraton with large rubber tires that can be inflated or deflated depending on the type of run you want to do ;)

Stronger, much stronger wing mounts, ffs. Maybe they could rethink the way it is mounted, it really is weak. As a Talion owner, my only aftermarket choice I have are RPM wing mounts. It sits way too high and takes a lot of damage when the car flips

Realistically without driving up on the price on the truck.

1. Sealed bearings
2. Upgraded servo everything

Weaker threadlock would be nice even with new and quality tools I’ve had to use heat to to break the bind and the bolt heads are shafted afterwards

Stronger, much stronger wing mounts, ffs. Maybe they could rethink the way it is mounted, it really is weak. As a Talion owner, my only aftermarket choice I have are RPM wing mounts. It sits way too high and takes a lot of damage when the car flips
Makes me wonder why the on my my revo's holds up, and on past 1/8th buggies. I mean, the buggies were designed similarly. Was it just the plastic OFNA/Jammin used? On the revo, the body mount thing flexes some as well, and the mount itself is very short/stubby, but it's very rare that I brake one.

Click To See

Gifs are irritating!

For what it's worth, that wing mount and wing is still fine. That wasn't the worst of the day, just the first in my video. lol!

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why the on my my revo's holds up, and on past 1/8th buggies. I mean, the buggies were designed similarly. Was it just the plastic OFNA/Jammin used? On the revo, the body mount thing flexes some as well, and the mount itself is very short/stubby, but it's very rare that I brake one.

Click To See

Gifs are irritating!

You're right about the flexibility. they need to be pliable, once bent under load, returns to it's original shape and form when load is removed . The problem I see with the design is that the wing mounts form part of the support that holds the rear chassis brace in place and therefore it needs to be rigid enough to provide structural integrity. If the wing mounts were a separate entity, that is, mounted separately and independent of the supporting structure, it could be made of a more flexible material without the need for rigidity.

Can't understand what all the fuss is about we have probably the best RTR out there and what you consider as an upgrade someone else will say no don't like that I want this. As always with this hobby it goes wrong you fix it now you want. Unfortunately you can't please everyone

You're right about the flexibility. they need to be pliable, once bent under load, returns to it's original shape and form when load is removed . The problem I see with the design is that the wing mounts form part of the support that holds the rear chassis brace in place and therefore it needs to be rigid enough to provide structural integrity. If the wing mounts were a separate entity, that is, mounted separately and independent of the supporting structure, it could be made of a more flexible material without the need for rigidity.
That's exactly why I am considering this idea posted by @PowerDubs. Shave the wing mounts down so they can still be used to support the rear brace, add an aftermarket wheelie bar from T-Bone that mounts to the chassis, and eliminate the wing altogether. It's mostly aesthetic on the 6s models anyways, except for maybe the Typhon, which seems to be the speed runner of choice.

Attachments

• D2C9B74D-C145-4577-96D9-053D4D3BC579.jpeg
    D2C9B74D-C145-4577-96D9-053D4D3BC579.jpeg
    499.4 KB · Views: 42
That's exactly why I am considering this idea posted by @PowerDubs. Shave the wing mounts down so they can still be used to support the rear brace, add an aftermarket wheelie bar from T-Bone that mounts to the chassis, and eliminate the wing altogether. It's mostly aesthetic on the 6s models anyways, except for maybe the Typhon, which seems to be the speed runner of choice.

Most 6s models look fine without the wing, unfortunately the Talion looks really weird af without a wing, it makes a huge difference .

I did consider the wheelie bar from T bone, seems like it might adequately protect the mounts, but...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/beware-of-tbr-wheelie-bar-2-0-version.7204/#post-80634

Rather apprehensive after reading this

Most 6s models look fine without the wing, unfortunately the Talion looks really weird af without a wing, it makes a huge difference .

I did consider the wheelie bar from T bone, seems like it might adequately protect the mounts, but...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/beware-of-tbr-wheelie-bar-2-0-version.7204/#post-80634

Point well taken. Sounds like I'll just have to source two better screws for the hinge pin block to sort it out. Thanks for the heads up!

Let's hope this has already been taken care of:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/beware-of-tbr-wheelie-bar-2-0-version.7204/post-80582

Hard to say, there are a few changes that I can see being in their affordability as far as production material and cost go.

Being realistic I would say sealed bearings and a better servo mount, better/stronger bodies, battery tray in v3 Kraton in the whole new lineup

If I’m being a brat I would 2nd what I just said plus a thicker chassis, some form of lightweight metal chassis braces, oh and bigger screws in the rear shock tower mounts on the new Kraton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back