What would you pay (if anything) to see Rich Duperbash and/or RC Dude81 bash live

What would you pay to see Rich Duperbash and/or RC Dude81 bash live??

• Nothing

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • $5

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • $10

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • $20

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • $30

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • $40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • More than $50

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, in my other RC this isnt normal, usually they are invited to pull a crowd or to demo certain manufacturers so the manufacturers pay their expenses.
I got world class, manufacturer sponsored pilots at my club and they are ordinary guys, always helpful and fun to be around with travelling to other meet-ups for the fun and giggles and supporting the hobby - so maybe I am spoiled but I guess I am too far off anyway ... still thought I’ll add my 5p

Last edited:
I'm with the majority that said nothing. I'm not sure what to make of something like this but it's a bit weird if you ask me. Unlike professional / action sports, there isn't much God given talent required or consequences involved in launching a toy car off a ramp. Any one of us is capable of the doing the exact same thing. Nothing against Rich or the other guy, we are all brethren, but what we do isn't even close to the same relm of what professional athletes do to justify payment.

I'm with the majority that said nothing. I'm not sure what to make of something like this but it's a bit weird if you ask me. Unlike professional / action sports, there isn't much God given talent required or consequences involved in launching a toy car off a ramp. Any one of us is capable of the doing the exact same thing. Nothing against Rich or the other guy, we are all brethren, but what we do isn't even close to the same relm of what professional athletes do to justify payment.
It's an even split at the moment as for payment. 50/50. And I disagree that it doesn't take talent. It's definitely a skill that needs to be practiced. Obviously it's not like hitting a baseball on a major league level ?

It's an even split at the moment as for payment. 50/50. And I disagree that it doesn't take talent. It's definitely a skill that needs to be practiced. Obviously it's not like hitting a baseball on a major league level ?

Actually instead of baseball I compare it to something like motocross due to obvious similarities. Unlike MX( which I have 30 years experience with) there are no bodily consequences for bad landings and it doesn't require much bravery to huck a RC over a gap. See the difference?

I never said it didn't require skill. Picking your nose requires skill. However, with no real consequences for failure it's not that difficult to keep practicing until you learn how to control an rc in the air. Even backflips which look impressive are actually pretty simple to master. Surely you don't disagree?

Some people are willing to pay to do all sorts of things that other may think are lame. Would I pay to bash on a well setup course with some nice jumps ? Certainly. Would I pay only to watch someone else drive on said course? Not a chance in hell. Where is the fun in that? The way I see it is 50% of people here must have tricked out self queens if they think paying to watch some one else jump is fun.

Actually instead of baseball I compare it to something like motocross due to obvious similarities. Unlike MX( which I have 30 years experience with) there are no bodily consequences for bad landings and it doesn't require much bravery to huck a RC over a gap. See the difference?

I never said it didn't require skill. Picking your nose requires skill. However, with no real consequences for failure it's not that difficult to keep practicing until you learn how to control an rc in the air. Even backflips which look impressive are actually pretty simple to master. Surely you don't disagree?

Some people are willing to pay to do all sorts of things that other may think are lame. Would I pay to bash on a well setup course with some nice jumps ? Certainly. Would I pay only to watch someone else drive on said course? Not a chance in hell. Where is the fun in that? The way I see it is 50% of people here must have tricked out self queens if they think paying to watch some one else jump is fun.
Tell that to Nascar fans! ???
Although they do have the risk of death ?

I enjoy sending my rigs into orbit! But I also get a kick out of watching others do the same. So to each their own ?‍♂️

Last edited:

Say that to my stunt squirrel Cee-Cee who is taped under the body when I bash. ?

I can see where you are coming from. But like you said, people will or will not pay to see certain events. I love billiards and would pay to watch a professional match. No chance of anyone getting hurt by missing the nine ball but I find it entertaining nonetheless. It takes a lot of skill to play at that level.

I think you know me well enough to know that I love jumping my trucks. I also enjoy watching other people. Guys like Rich and Eric are entertaining and I enjoy watching their videos. I think it would be a blast to meet them ?

Last edited:
Back