Kraton What wrench do I need to tighten/take off wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobalt172

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just ordered a 6s kraton! I am curious what wrench I need for the wheels? Also is everything Hex screws on this car?

You'll get a pretty ok multi-wrench for wheel hub nuts in the box with your truck. 17mm.
Everything hex and a good set will include 1.5 to 3.0 hex drivers. They'll also include allen keys but searching here on the forum you can find best options for a tool kit.
Welcome! Kraton is an awesome rig and hope you'll share your experiences. ??

Welcome,

The hex screws aren't the best quality on Arrma cars, i had issues with my Kraton. With most of the screws screwed in metal, it is advised to heat the screw to melt the threadlocker before trying to remove it (with an iron solder). It is nice that Arrma put threadlocker, but sometime it is too much ^^.

I also prefer use other hex drivers than those provided with the Arrma cars, you can find some cheap on ebay. You will avoid to strip the hex head with better hex drivers.

But about the wheels nuts, the wrench provided with the car does the job without problem.

Do yourself a favor and invest in a set of MIP hex drivers. Worth every penny and makes short work of most hex bolts, etc.
It is absolutely true for some things in life that you get what you pay for. This is one of them!

Hey yall. I just came across this same problem with the factory over tightening the hexes on the weels. Put a heat gun right up on it for a minute or two then use a pair of needle nose to unscrew the hex. Works flawlessly. I just did it.

Yo, the dude has 277 posts. Why is everyone saying welcome? Just curious. I mean, not that you aren’t welcome, @cobalt172 cause you are. So, I’ll be one of “those guys” and say hey, welcome man!
Do yourself a favor and invest in a set of MIP hex drivers. Worth every penny and makes short work of most hex bolts, etc.
Great advice. Get an electric screwdriver and some 1.5 to 3.0mm quick change hex bits and a set of MIP!s for final tightening and loosening of over-threadlocked hexes. Arrma is like feast or famine. Either there’s no thread lock on anything and you’re chasing your tail for the first few packs or everything is seriously over done with thread lock and you need heat to remove anything. Enjoy the rig, man!

Last edited:
Hey yall. I just came across this same problem with the factory over tightening the hexes on the weels. Put a heat gun right up on it for a minute or two then use a pair of needle nose to unscrew the hex. Works flawlessly. I just did it.
1. This thread is over 2 years old.
2. What does this have to do with what size wrench is needed to remove the wheels? Nothing was ever mentioned anywhere in this thread about them being overtightened.
3. The OP hasn't been on here in over a year.
Yo, the dude has 277 posts. Why is everyone saying welcome? Just curious. I mean, not that you aren’t welcome, @cobalt172 cause you are. So, I’ll be one of “those guys” and say hey, welcome man!

Great advice. Get an electric screwdriver and some 1.5 to 3.0mm quick change hex bits and a set of MIP!s for final tightening and loosening of over-threadlocked hexes. Arrma is like feast or famine. Either there’s no thread lock on anything and you’re chasing your tail for the first few packs or everything is seriously over done with thread lock and you need heat to remove anything. Enjoy the rig, man!
Last seen Jan 9, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back