Kraton What you guys suggestion on which one is good? Kraton 4S V2 or 6s V5??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah you have a point there bro…thanx and I decided on getting the 6s ..lol thanx to all..🙏🏼🙏🏼
Good plan. The Vortex will handle bashing in smaller spaces, and the K6S will give you a good "Big Truck" Experience for when you can get to a larger / rougher space.

Interesting replies regarding the 6S version "Not being much more money"

It's £200 more for the 6S in the UK. That's a substantial amount of money.

In the USA, the K4S is $469 (preorder) (the same price as a Kraton EXB Roller), and the K6S is $549. $80 extra for the 6s RTR over the 4Sv2. Heck, my Vietnamese take out dinner last night was $85, so yeah... The difference in price between them is one take out dinner.

I suspect the V6 version of the K6S will be $599, which will make the spread $130, which is a bit more substantial.

In the USA, the K4S is $469 (preorder) (the same price as a Kraton EXB Roller), and the K6S is $549. $80 extra for the 6s RTR over the 4Sv2. Heck, my Vietnamese take out dinner last night was $85, so yeah... The difference in price between them is one take out dinner.

I suspect the V6 version of the K6S will be $599, which will make the spread $130, which is a bit more substantial.
And here..

£429 for the 4S V2
£619 for the 6S V5

Your right. And with the deals some vendors offer you can knock that $549 down quite a bit.

Good plan. The Vortex will handle bashing in smaller spaces, and the K6S will give you a good "Big Truck" Experience for when you can get to a larger / rougher space.
Yeah ur right on that bro..I want to get the extreme bashing but I’m in a low budget on that one so I’m gonna get the 6s to start..lol
1658699815605.png
1658699815775.png

1658699815924.png

Yeah ur right on that bro..I want to get the extreme bashing but I’m in a low budget on that one so I’m gonna get the 6s to start..lol
From this post, it sounds like you are new to RC so, I'll say-
Do yourself a favor and start with mild bashing and mild jumping till you learn throttle management, in-air control and how to land on your wheels. Does not matter how beef-cake your build is, if you extreme jump it and land bad, you will break stuff. If you start out mild, and learn to drive and jump, you can do minimal/moderate upgrades, and jump big without too many issues.

I have kraton 4s v1 and a kraton 6s v4. Honestly the 4s has been incredibly reliable compared to the 6s. I've spent alot on the 6s, shock towers $50 a piece, braces etc. It adds up quick.
The 4s is my go to basher, I just enjoy it more. I might be in the minority here. Its just evertime I take the 6s out im waiting for diffs to strip or pinion etc.
I guess I have more faith in my 4s holding up, I just prefer it

I have kraton 4s v1 and a kraton 6s v4. Honestly the 4s has been incredibly reliable compared to the 6s. I've spent alot on the 6s, shock towers $50 a piece, braces etc. It adds up quick.
The 4s is my go to basher, I just enjoy it more. I might be in the minority here. Its just evertime I take the 6s out im waiting for diffs to strip or pinion etc.
I guess I have more faith in my 4s holding up, I just prefer it
Are you running cvd’s ?
I’m having drive shaft issues with my OC 4s.

Are you running cvd’s ?
No, only just recently had issue with a rear stock one. Ran foreverwith no issue. I just recently bought new clutch pads and set the slipper at 1.5 turns and put a lock nut on back and haven't had an issue since. Thats pretty much all I've ever had to do to it.
Are you running cvd’s ?
Also my son has a granite and never had any issue at all. Just a $7 steering block broke recently and he lands it off ramps like the 10 year old is. Ive found the these 2 trucks to be very solid. Honestly my 6s has had alot more problems and costs more to fix. Again I guess I'm the minority who feels this way lol.
I like my 4s so much I even ordered the new 4s v2 ( although I'm wondering if it will be different enough to warrant spending all that money on it.)

Last edited:

Plus the cost of batteries. Even on 3s they go great. Slipper clutch aside the new 4s line up has really impressed me. I'm in a similar position tossing up between the k4 and k6. I've already got the v5 Notorious and vowed I'd never go back to the 3s Arrma style with the slipper clutch, cheese driveshafts, servo that is a PIA to change with its stupid plastic servo saver and the shocks that are weak af. Ok ... I'm convinced, going to order the k6 😋

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back