What your fav motorsport?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Bein a longtime motorsport fan.. I have followed so many different series over the years..

But ive got to say.. You gotta love the Aussies!!
Those V8 supercars! Damn..

But now this.. I think its a US series.. But im not sure.. I knew about SCT series racing dirt tracks..
This.. I didnt know of, till just now..

Might be my new fav series!

I'll second you on the Aussie V8 Supercars..? have watched them for years.

Bathurst is only a couple of weeks away, can't wait..??

Those stadium trucks are insane..?

Last edited:
I recently watched many races of this class on youtube. I like their look and how these trucks are damped. If i would buy a scale truck with solid axle, it would be one like that over SCT. The only rc car wich is close is the Kyosho Rampage pro.

Stadium trucks are nutty! I would love to see a race in person.

Motocross/Supercross is not as entertaining as I thought it would be. Monster trucks are fun to watch and my son enjoys them. I want to attend a Moto GP and F1 race now that we have a proper track in Texas. (COTA)

I am waiting a year or two to take my son to see NHRA drag races. There is nothing like seeing/feeling a Top Fuel dragster run!

I typically enjoy it most if I am the one behind the wheel/handle bars.

Bein a longtime motorsport fan.. I have followed so many different series over the years..

But ive got to say.. You gotta love the Aussies!!
Those V8 supercars! Damn..

But now this.. I think its a US series.. But im not sure.. I knew about SCT series racing dirt tracks..
This.. I didnt know of, till just now..

Might be my new fav series!

They started in the US, through a deal between Robby Gordon and some of the RC manufacturers, actually, but, they don't only race here in the states, they also race in, at the very least, and one place i know for sure, is Adelaide Australia, and i think they have a couple races in other places in Australia as well. What sucked is that this year they had a very small schedule, unlike a few years back. I have been to see them a couple times, and some of their races get insane. For example, check out this 2018 race from Adelaide, and wait until the finish and see how Gavin Harlien finishes:
Fun fact, all of the stadium super trucks are built by Robby Gordon's shop in the states. Im from the US, but i prefer watching Australian and European racing, as well as the SST trucks. It is much more entertaining than anything here.

Stadium trucks are nutty! I would love to see a race in person.

Motocross/Supercross is not as entertaining as I thought it would be. Monster trucks are fun to watch and my son enjoys them. I want to attend a Moto GP and F1 race now that we have a proper track in Texas. (COTA)

I am waiting a year or two to take my son to see NHRA drag races. There is nothing like seeing/feeling a Top Fuel dragster run!

I typically enjoy it most if I am the one behind the wheel/handle bars.
Nothing against the current Top Fuel cars, as they are fun to watch, and the rumble is insane at times, but, if you want a real noise making thrill, find a cacklefest. Its a lot of the old, vintage altereds, dragsters and funny cars, back when they weren't forced to run mufflers. Those cars get beyond loud, and, if they get on them, the ground shakes, and, the best part, you can be very close to them, as long as you have good ear protection. To give you an idea, turn the speakers all the way up and plug your ears and watch this:
A vintage drag event also works. I grew up watching these cars run all over SoCal starting when i was real little. Probably explains why im half deaf now, between that and my dads dirt track stuff.

Last edited:
I enjoy different forms of motor racing but my 1st love is dragracing. National events and Top Fuel are fine, love it all, but No Prep, 10" tire, drag radial, street racing, is where's it's at. Good thing about drag is you don't have to be a professional with a 3 mil yearly bankroll to participate.

Once you get into it your hooked for life.
Some of these guys running 1/4 mile drag radial are running well over 240mph and high 5s in production door slammer street cars.

The record I believe is 5.92 at 250 mph in a production Ford Mustang running a twin turbo 526 c.i. Proline engine. 1/8 mile times are equally mind blowing. Simply amazing and a thrill to watch.

To put this into perspective, I remember years back when blown Top Alcohol dragsters were struggling to get into mid 6s. For me the smell of nitro, methanol, race fuel and race rubber trumps them all! ???

Last edited:
I enjoy different forms of motor racing but my 1st love is dragracing. National events and Top Fuel are fine, love it all, but No Prep, 10" tire, drag radial, street racing, is where's it's at. Good thing about drag is you don't have to be a professional with a 3 mil yearly bankroll to participate.

Once you get into it your hooked for life.
Some of these guys running 1/4 mile drag radial are running well over 240mph and high 5s in production door slammer street cars.

The record I believe is 5.92 at 250 mph in a production Ford Mustang running a twin turbo 526 c.i. Proline engine. 1/8 mile times are equally mind blowing. Simply amazing and a thrill to watch.

To put this into perspective, I remember years back when blown Top Alcohol dragsters were struggling to get into mid 6s. For me the smell of nitro, methanol, race fuel and race rubber trumps them all! ???
I raced a lot of imports, at a couple tracks in SoCal, and at ESTA in upstate N.Y, and some of them get beyond fast. My favorite class though is 10.5 outlaw street. They are, as a friend put it, stupid fast, but they can be expensive to build, which is why i always stuck with cheap-ish mild street imports, like Jetta's and Talon's. Quick enough to be fun, while not being expensive enough to have to get a loan on multiple houses. A guy who use to help on my cars ran A/gs altereds, and a top alcohol Camaro, and in the 1/4, 250MPH in 5-5.5 seconds was the norm. My dad always raced dirt track stuff, so, i initially got into drag racing just to not do the same thing he did. It initially started in the early eighties though, watching a neighbor build a funny car, when i was around 7 or 8, then watching him run at OCIR, before it got shut down, and, back then, i was more into funny cars. It wasnt until i was older that i got into the street cars and altereds, and then altereds got relegated to a nostalgia class.

I'm not sure I have one these days. Back in 1960's, 70's, and 80's I was seriously into SCCA road racing, and had buddies equally deep into NHRA drag racing. I used to follow USAC/Champ Cars/Indy Cars until it got too screwed up. Never really followed NASCAR, except for the big ones like Daytona, Darlington, and when they used to run road courses.

I guess if I had to choose one, it would be Vintage Sports Car Racing. I 'came of age' watching the big Can Am cars thunder down the straights at Road America. Just the sound of those babies bellowing along would make the hair on the back of your neck stand up.....

I really enjoy XC racing(Cross Country), I race in the GNCC series. It is one of the most family-oriented sports I have been apart of. If you have never been to one of them and live on the east coast you need to plan on going to one. I have attached a link to the GNCC website and a link to my race where I broke my ankle. Keep in mind ANYONE can go race!! My first race was on a Honda Rincon(not race-ready) and I had an absolute blast!! If you have ever thought about wanting to try racing ATVs or Dirtbikes I recommend you give it a shot! If you have question just shot me a message and I will try and answer it.

2018 Big Buck GNCC Round 1

GNCC website

I’ve been to MIS a couple times. You just have no idea how loud those mofos are until you’re there. Went down to the pits and holy sh!t! Better have over the ear protection. Not those free foam bullish!ts they give away for free. And my ears still rang for a few days. Worse than any concert I’ve ever been to.

I’ve been to MIS a couple times. You just have no idea how loud those mofos are until you’re there. Went down to the pits and holy sh!t! Better have over the ear protection. Not those free foam bullish!ts they give away for free. And my ears still rang for a few days. Worse than any concert I’ve ever been to.
Same thing with Top Fuel nitro cars at any National event. I actually put my fingers in my ears during burnouts and when they leave the line. Loud as sh!t and rattles your bones, but love it.

Trust me, it's even louder IN the car!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back