Whats a better motor option?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this in a Granite?

I'd say the Castle set would be a better "bang for your buck" as it could be bought for $105ish from Tower Hobbies with their current coupons, while the Arrma parts would be $142ish. Keep in mind, if you have a Mega version, the transmission is much weaker than the BLX version, so you'll probably want to upgrade that in the near future, and that'll be $60-70.

I haven't owned a BLX system yet, but just put Castle Sidewinder 3 esc's with the 4600kv motors in their Stampedes, and with the snow and ice around here, they are nearly undrivable from the power. If you get the Castle system, spend the extra $25 and get the program card http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXYWV0&P=V. This makes programing the ESC super easy, so you can tailor it to your needs.

With their current coupons, the Castle setup, BLX transmission parts, and program card would be about $215.00 total.

Well i actualy have the blx motor so i would only have to buy the esc for it. So as it stands it stands the blx option woild be 15 bucks cheaper. Which if the castle sidewinder is better i would spend the extra 15 bucks and get it. Just not sure how much better it is

Well, all I can say about the castle motor, is it is seriously over powered for my kid's stampedes. Can't wait for the ice and snow to go away!

Such a tough delema lol. I wish there was some number i could go by like hp on these motors. Is there any sort of mesurement i could use to compare the two motors

Such a tough delema lol. I wish there was some number i could go by like hp on these motors. Is there any sort of mesurement i could use to compare the two motors
Something to watch when comparing motors could be wattage, the more watts it draws the more power it puts out theoretically

They don't really have the wattage info printed anywhere for these motors

Rooles, think televisions, bigger is better! Get the CC and 6900kV!
Go for the gusto!
You know you want to!
There's guys wishing they were in your place, and that's what they'd do.

I just put a castle sidewinder 3 with the 4600kv motor in my fury and it crazy fast. I strongly recommend the field link card. So you dail it in to a drivable control. As far as motors the lower the kv the more torque and get up and go. The higher the kv the higher the top speed. I would suggest staying in a lower kv because you all ways have your gearing to play with to get you the speed.

Sweet i will have to save up for it. Thanks guys for the help

I just put a castle sidewinder 3 with the 4600kv motor in my fury and it crazy fast. I strongly recommend the field link card. So you dail it in to a drivable control. As far as motors the lower the kv the more torque and get up and go. The higher the kv the higher the top speed. I would suggest staying in a lower kv because you all ways have your gearing to play with to get you the speed.

"Torque versus top end", thanks Rumble. I've been wanting to know the diff in kV's.

I'm glad I found this debate..... I was wondering the same thing ..... I have the blx and burned up the esc on it and was looking for a replacement tho I wanna replace the motor also...... So I think I sold on the sidewinder esc as far as should the sidewinder esc and motor would be a good replacement..... I also looked into the xerun series from hobbywing what do y'all think of those?....

I'm glad I found this debate..... I was wondering the same thing ..... I have the blx and burned up the esc on it and was looking for a replacement tho I wanna replace the motor also...... So I think I sold on the sidewinder esc as far as should the sidewinder esc and motor would be a good replacement..... I also looked into the xerun series from hobbywing what do y'all think of those?....

While looking around eBay, came across these:
60A Brushless ESC
5200KV Brushless Motor
Motor is scheduled to arrive Friday or Saturday and ESC in a week or 2.
But I'm a bottom feeder/deal hound.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back