Granite What's a good mAh for a Granite 4x4 3S Blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superticky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion EXB
Hello guys !

So my buddy bought a Granite 4x4 3S Blx and I would like to give him as a bday present a 3S battery. Since I don't own one I don't know well dimensions and also for weight reasons what would be a good mAh battery option for good run times but also fits well and not too heavy for this platform ( or should I not worry about the weight at all ? )

would a 3S on the 5200s be just good or can I go to the 6500 or 7200 mAh ?

Mind saying he has a charger that supports 3S but only 4 amps max, so the bigger the slower it will take him to charge.

Thank you !

@ekhansen78 , you should follow this thread. Hopefully the Arrma family will have good suggestions. Sorry @superticky , didn't me to jump in, but another member has a similar problem he's trying to resolve.

Hello guys !

So my buddy bought a Granite 4x4 3S Blx and I would like to give him as a bday present a 3S battery. Since I don't own one I don't know well dimensions and also for weight reasons what would be a good mAh battery option for good run times but also fits well and not too heavy for this platform ( or should I not worry about the weight at all ? )

would a 3S on the 5200s be just good or can I go to the 6500 or 7200 mAh ?

Mind saying he has a charger that supports 3S but only 4 amps max, so the bigger the slower it will take him to charge.

Thank you !
If the batteries have the minimum c rating all mentioned batteries would be a good choice...

For all of these 1:10 and 1:8 rigs, I like to stay around 5000mah and get the c-rating highest vs cost.
5000-5400 mah usually fit right anywhere, charge fast enough, and run out of juice before anything gets hot. 15 minutes runtime is enough.
Then, take my time and put a new pack in. Sip a beer or take a photo etc. Motor and esc cool some, new 5000 pack in and good to go.
2s to 6s I use high c-rating and under 5400mah packs. They fit everything I have and even under 6s I use deans plugs and adapters. But that's a whole nether rabbit hole.

Honestly around a 5000-5400mah will give you plenty of runtime as Crimson also stated. (round 15-20 minutes or so usually)
Anything over that and you want to stop after 15-20 anyways to let stuff cooldown. If you have something bigger sometimes you can forget and just keep running until the thermal protection kicks in and you have to stop anyways. :D

Also SMC are GREAT batteries and they are still on sale on their site.
https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/category&path=67_99

you'd probably want to look at this one specifically: https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=67_99&product_id=413

You can also get any connector type you want pretty much for like $1 more or so. Just be wary the shipping from them directly is a bit up there BUT it usually comes out to about the ame or even cheaper than buying them from 3rd party retailers.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back