What's a good multi-purpose RC for street bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@3x9rtse it's a 1/10 indoor clay track. An 1/8 scale buggy would likely stick out and they don't run any 1/8 buggy classes. So I would just go for practice laps.
[/QUOTE]

If you look in the classified , I am selling a Losi SCTE 3.0 that I used to race , excellent condition , but set up for carpet . This is the competitor to the Tekno , maybe suit your needs ?

Hey, another vote for 1/8 buggy, I just remembered that it's pretty much same size as a 1/10 sct! Kinda covers 2 classes? 👌👍
Yeah supposedly my track does 1/10 sct races "occasionally". They say they might allow 1/8 buggies in that class under certain circumstances. Realistically, that's a gamble. And ironically like you say, there's not much difference between the two trucks.

Not going to lie, when I started this thread I was pretty dead set on a sct, but now I find myself being seriously drawn towards a buggy. The biggest factor that's currently steering me away from sct is that they aren't really designed to handle bigger power. 1/8 buggies on the other had are usually built for 4s and often 6s.

The tekno sct410 is maybe the exception here. Very similar components to the mt410 (some slight variations). I think it could reasonably handle 4s.

Between the radix/python and arrma typhon: for my use case would you all say the slightly beefier arrma is worth the extra money (team corally's have slightly thinner shock tower, thinner drive shafts, thinner shock shafts, etc)?

Last edited:
For me. I put street tires on my Traxxas Rustler 2.0 when I want the street experience then I put my bashing tires back on when I want to bash. So out of my 15 cars I use my Rustler for street runs. It works for me. I’m a basher in heart with several Arrma and Traxxas bashers.

^^^ Many 1/10 sanctioned tracks don't even allow 1/8 on the track for practice.
1/10 and 1/8 tracks are differently dimensioned.
Sure there are some tracks let you run what you got no doubt. But usually limited to 4s lipos max.

^^^ Many 1/10 sanctioned tracks don't even allow 1/8 on the track for practice.
1/10 and 1/8 tracks are differently dimensioned.
Sure there are some tracks let you run what you got no doubt. But usually limited to 4s lipos max.
I'm sure you're right.. I've never gotten into formal racing for those very reasons(and others)..I just don't want to get that serious about rc's, kinda takes the fun out for me. Just me✌
I should also clarify, 1/8 buggy is more approximate to a 1/10 stadium truck dimensions rather than sct. Of course with 4s or more electronics onboard a 1/8 buggy, no one would legitimately allow it to compete against a 2s 1/10.

For me the Mojave is a really good all rounder. Very versatile and tough. I got mine lowered to 12mm clearance to as low as 6mm with fully compressed shocks.
Made my own lower arm protectors/sliders from molded 2mm abs sheets to handle roads that aren't very smooth.

20220809_185954.jpg

20220809_184929.jpg

20220809_185116.jpg

20220809_185537.jpg

20220809_185716.jpg

20220813_092725.jpg

20220819_181319.jpg

20220819_203853.jpg

20220819_204047.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back